Police Blotter: East Spencer man charged with breaking and entering
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — Salisbury police received information about a burglary in progress at a North Long Street home Wednesday night and later arrested a man, according to a report.
Billy Ray Drye, 43, of the 300 block of Miller Avenue, East Spencer, was charged with misdemeanor breaking and entering.
He had an outstanding warrant for felony obtaining property by false pretenses from a Nov. 13 incident.
Drye remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $2,500 secured bond.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• Officers stopped a vehicle in the 1900 block of Statesville Boulevard at North Jake Alexander Boulevard and discovered drugs.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man on Tuesday reported a fraud in the 400 block of Eastbrook Circle.
• A man said Tuesday that someone stole three batteries and a depth finder from a boat in the 1500 block of Seventh Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday that someone threw a knife at her in the 300 block of High Rock Road, Gold Hill.
• A woman on Tuesday reported that someone entered her vehicle and went through her glove box in the 1700 block of Safrit Road.
• A woman on Tuesday said her vehicle was broken into Jan. 17 in the 1700 block of Safrit Road.
• A man reported Tuesday that his truck was broken into in the 1700 block of Mount Hope Church Road either Jan 9 or Jan 10.
• A man said Tuesday that someone took items out of his vehicle in the 300 block of Acorn Oaks Drive.
• A man reported Tuesday that his vehicle was broken into between Jan. 9 and Jan. 10 in the 300 block of Acorn Oaks Drive.
• Randy Lee Church, 53, was charged Tuesday with possession of a weapon by a felon while at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center.
• April Dean Walther, 41, was charged Tuesday with felony breaking and entering.
• Jeremy Alan Jenkins, 36, was charged Tuesday with felony assault causing serious bodily injury in the 3200 block of Old Concord Road.
• Jerry Lorenzo Hawthorne, 36, was charged Tuesday with being a habitual felon in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
• Bryant Dixon Cassell, 31, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor assault on a female while at the Rowan County Courthouse.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
For working adults, it can be hard to find the time to attend English classes. The Rowan County Literacy Council... read more