Blotter: Traffic stop leads to drug citation
A traffic stop led to a marijuana citation in Wednesday.
A Salisbury Police officer observed a silver Saturn turn from Short Street onto Long Street. He stopped the vehicle because its registration tags were expired.
During the stop, a K-9 unit indicated there were drugs in the car, so the police searched the car, finding 6.5 grams of marijuana in the console, according to a report.
Philip Andrews Daniels, II was cited for marijuana possession.
In other police reports:
- An assault and disorderly conduct was reported in the 1200 block of North Main Street on Tuesday.
- Walmart reported on Tuesday that someone used counterfeit bills to commit fraud.
- A 16-year-old reported that he was assaulted during a fight between three students at Henderson Independent High School, 1215 N. Main St. Wednesday.
- A man reported he was assaulted with a knife in the 600 block of W. Jake Alexander Boulevard.
- Walter Charles Gwin, 22, was charged with possession of marijuana in the 400 block of Institute Street and West Monroe Street on Tuesday.
- Marjo Lavon Edwards, 40, was charged with misdemeanor larceny in the 200 block of S. Arlington Street Tuesday.
- Christopher Lewis Oakman, 29, was charged with violation of the Domestic Violence Act in the 1100 block of S. Jake Alexander Boulevard Wednesday.
- Danielle Christina Foster, 34, was charged with two counts of simple in the 700 block of South Martin Luther King Junior Avenue Wednesday.
- Joseph Patrick Lightsey II, 28, was charged with three counts of felony breaking and entering into railroad cars or other vehicles, two counts of misdemeanor possession of stolen goods, two counts of misdemeanor larceny, one count of felony larceny, one count of felony larceny of a motor vehicle, one count of misdemeanor receiving stolen goods, one count of possession of a stolen firearm and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon. Lightsey is being held in the Rowan County Detention Center under a 30,000 bond.
In Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A larceny was reported in the 8600 block of Red Road in Rockwell Tuesday.
- Triangle grading reported larceny of heavy equipment batteries in the 600 block of Henderson Grove Church road Monday.
- A woman reported that her license plate was stolen in the 100 block of Fair Share Road Tuesday.
- Dwight David Evans, 33, was charged with marijuana possession at Old Beatty Ford Road and Ebenezer Road in Kannapolis Tuesday.
- Deandra Diamon Crawford, 21, was charged with felony possession of a firearm by a felon in the 400 block of Grace Church Road Tuesday.
- Derryck Lane Kesler, 27, was charged with felony larceny in the 100 block of Fletcher Road in Rockwell Tuesday.
- Scott Matthew Hampton, 30, was charged with stealing motor fuel in the 700 block of South Main Street in Granite Quarry Tuesday.
- Jesse Linwood Jones, 19, was charged with obtaining property by false pretenses Tuesday.
- Darien Andre Rankin, 23, was charged with assault on a femail in the 1000 block of Celebration Drive Tuesday.
- Deborah Cherie Meazell, 44, was charged with second degree trespassing in the 300 block of Hidden Valley Road in Salisbury Tuesday.
By Hugh Fisher firstname.lastname@example.org KANNAPOLIS — After Kannapolis announced a deal to buy some 46 acres of downtown property from... read more