Police look into drive-by shooting on West Horah Street
Authorities are looking into a drive-by shooting late Thursday night in the 1600 block of West Horah after a woman reported two people shot at her son while riding mo-peds in front of her house.
Salisbury Police Capt. Shelia Lingle said the shooting was not random and the shooting was possibly retaliation for some previous incident or occurrence. No arrests have been as of Friday, she said.
The incident occurred around 11:15 p.m. while the 22-year-old victim was sitting on the family’s front porch. Two people were riding on a moped and he whistled, thinking he knew the people, but then the riders began shooting at him.
The victim was on electronic house arrest as part of a probationary sentence and thus confined to the home, Lingle said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Salisbury Police at 704-638-5333 or Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.
In other police reports:
• A man reported on Wednesday a larceny from a vehicle parked at Woodleaf Lanes in 1800 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A woman reported on Thursday someone stole $240 out of her wallet sometime on Tuesday in the 800 block of East Innes Street.
• A woman reported on Thursday someone fraudulently used her credit/debit card at the local ATM in the 500 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A man reported on Thursday someone took items from his vehicle in the 400 block of Mooresville Road.
• A man reported on Thursday a burglary occurred in the 700 block of Camp Road.
• A woman reported Friday someone took her medication from the 300 block of South Oakhurst Drive.
• Nakevia Nicole Chalk, 18, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault inflicting serious injury in the 1600 block of Standish Street.
• James L. Goedeke, 61, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer in the 300 block of Depot Street.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Tuesday a larceny occurred sometime between December and Tuesday in the 1900 block of North Enochville Avenue, China Grove.
• A man reported Tuesday someone took items from the bed of his broken down pickup in the 6000 block of South Main Street.
• A woman reported Wednesday someone took money from her bank account in the 100 block of Forest Meadow Lane.
• A man reported Wednesday he woke to someone in his house in the 8400 block of U.S. 52, Rockwell.
• A man reported Wednesday a larceny occurred in the 2600 block of Gheen Road.
• Justin Ray Merritt, 23, was charged Tuesday with simple assault while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Michael Dean Hargett, 24, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon in the 2700 block of Weaver Road, China Grove.
• James Shannon Gregory, 31, was charged Tuesday with felony intimidating or interfering with witnesses at Statesville Boulevard, Cleveland.
• Paula Bostian Kautzmann, 44, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor assault by pointing a gun in the 300 block of Bostian Oaks Lane, Kannapolis.
• Ashlyn Nicole Lemly, 20, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon in the 100 block of Cool Wind Drive and Faith Road.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
Fine Arts Black and White photography, art photography, a Gold Hill photo exhibit this Saturday and Sunday? What does all... read more