Prep Football: North Rowan at West Rowan
* Time: 7:30 p.m.
* 2007 records: North Rowan 5-7; West Rowan 11-2
* Series: North leads 28-20-2
* Last meeting: West rolled 53-6 in last seasonís opener at Eagle Stadium
* Next week: North is home against Carson; West makes the short trip to Davie County for a highly anticipated, early-season headknocker
* Game notes: North coach Tasker Fleming makes his debut in a tough venue ó Mount Ulla ó where the Falcons havenít lost very often in recent seasons.
Fleming takes over a tradition-rich program that went 316-222-10 in its first 50 seasons of football and has been the countyís winningest school during that span.
West (235-276-12) launches its 50th-anniversary season tonight. East (218-296-8) starts its 50th next week.
Salisbury is 296-260-17 during the last 50 seasons. South (241-258-8) begins its 48th season tonight.
Fleming is counting on young quarterback Jesse Rudisell, but the Cavaliers also have proven veterans in receiver/returner Lathan Charleston and linebacker Vince Shropshire.
Unfortunately for the Cavaliers, West looks as powerful as ever, and record-setting K.P. Parks, the countyís all-time rushing leader after just two varsity seasons, isnít going to be easy for anyone to stop this year.
B.J. Sherrill has apparently won the QB competition at West, returning Brantley Horton to the wide receiver position at which he excelled as a sophomore.
West coach Scott Young is 88-36 in 10 seasons, and his teams have won 45 of their last 53 games.
Youngís teams are 8-2 against North and havenít lost to the Cavaliers since 2001. West has won 25 straight games against county opponents since a 26-14 setback against North in the third week of the 2001 season.