Blotter: Local man charged with marijuana possession after traffic stop
Published 11:07 pm Friday, January 1, 2021
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man was charged with marijuana possession after a police officer spotted a marijuana blunt during a Wednesday traffic stop.
Salisbury Police Jateare Vincent McNeal, 28, was charged with possession of a controlled schedule VI.
According to spokesman Lt. Lee Walker, an officer stopped a gold 2001 Saturn because the registration was revoked. McNeal was determined to be the driver.
The officer spotted a marijuana blunt upon approaching the vehicle. The officer searched the car and found marijuana, a digital scale and a Ruger 9mm.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A woman reported on Tuesday her property was vandalized while in the 1100 block Peeler Road.
• A woman reported on Tuesday someone stole items from her vehicle while parked in the N.C. 801, Woodleaf.
• Copart reported on Tuesday someone forced their way into the business located at 1081 Recovery Road, China Grove.
• Gerry Wood Automotive on Tuesday someone stole automobile accessories and items from the property in the 400 block of Julian Road.
• A man reported on Tuesday his debit card was stolen from the 1300 block of Julian Road.
• Maria Navarrette Escobar, 34, was charged on Tuesday with misdemeanor assault and battery while at the Rowan County courthouse.
• Rashad Malachi Smith, 23, was charged on Tuesday with felony conspire robbery with a dangerous weapon while at the Rowan County courthouse.
• Mark William Chamberlin, 33, was charged on Tuesday with felony possession of a stolen vehicle while in the 100 block of Celestial Drive.