Salisbury woman charged in April fatal crash
Published 5:39 pm Wednesday, May 27, 2020
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — A Salisbury woman was charged last week with misdemeanor death by vehicle nearly six weeks after a fatal crash involving a bicyclist after she ran a red light on East Innes Street near the Interstate 85 ramp.
The Salisbury Police charged Samantha Gwyn Kirk, 30, of the 1400 block of East Council Street, in the April 12 crash that killed 56-year-old Michael Todd Kluttz.
Kirk, who was driving a Hyundai Tucson, struck Kluttz, who was traveling southeast on East Innes Street riding against traffic. She collided with him at the exit ramp, according to a police department traffic collision report.
In Salisbury Police Department reports
• A woman reported on Tuesday someone stole items from her vehicle while in the 100 block of Stone Ridge Drive.
• Team Roofing reported on Tuesday the business was burglarized and someone stole a vehicle parked at the business, 1316 N. Long St.
• Eddie Lewis Jordan, 58, was charged on Tuesday with driving while impaired after he backed into a building on Depot Street. He admitted to drinking a couple of beers.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A man reported on Monday someone damaged his car while parked in the 300 block of Hunter Street.
• A man reported on Monday tools were stolen from his residence in the 200 block of Aggrey Avenue.
• A woman reported on Monday someone burglarized her property in the 200 block of Parker Farm Road, Woodleaf.
• A man reported on Monday someone stole a firearm from his home in the 200 block of Mendenhall Road.
• Jacob O’Brien Brewer, 24, was charged on Monday with felony possession of a schedule I controlled substance while in the 1300 block of Lower Palmer Road, Rockwell.
• Jason Lee Church, 36, was charged on Monday with felony possession of a controlled substance schedule I while in the 2700 block of Mooresville and Harris roads.
• Kimberly Rose Huneycutt, 56, was charged on Monday with felony larceny while in the 6300 block of S. Main Street.
• Danielle Nicole Brown, 34, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule III while in the 1100 block of Peeler Road.