Blotter: Woman with outstanding warrants charged with heroin possession
SALISBURY — Salisbury police charged a local woman with heroin possession after an officer served her with an outstanding arrest warrant. The woman admitted to having drugs and other items on her, according to Salisbury Police Detective Russ DeSantis.
Selina Tanyle Locklear, 36, was charged on Monday with felony possession of a Schedule I controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
She was also in possession of a syringe, pipe and a spoon, according to a police report. DeSantis said the officer recognized Locklear and knew there was a warrant for her arrest.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• A woman reported on Friday someone stole her vehicle from the 700 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A woman reported on Friday someone stole items from her vehicle in the 900 block of Bendix Drive.
• A woman reported on Friday she was the victim of larceny while in the 600 block of Brenner Avenue.
• Xavier Shykeem Simpson, 22, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor larceny while in the 1300 block of Standish Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A man reported on Friday someone stole items from his vehicle in the 200 block of Red Oak Lane.
• A man reported on Friday he was the victim of an assault while in the 100 block of Dexter Avenue, Kannapolis.
• A man reported on Friday he was assaulted while in the 7900 block of Old Concord Road.
• A woman reported on Sunday someone broke into her residence in the 8800 block of Cloverfield Drive, Kannapolis.
SALISBURY — Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Salisbury-Rowan NAACP canceled Juneteenth, scheduled for June 13, President Gemale Black said... read more