Blotter: Teens charged with stealing an unlocked car
Published 12:00 am Sunday, April 26, 2020
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — Three teens were charged Thursday with stealing a vehicle from the Fulton Heights neighborhood and leaving it in a field not far from the neighborhood where they lived, according to Salisbury police spokesman Lt. Lee Walker.
The teens, one of whom was 14 and two others both 16, were accused of taking a 2103 Honda Accord from the 400 block of Mitchell Avenue. The car was unlocked and the was keys were still inside it.
The theft occurred sometime between 9 p.m. Wednesday and 1:30 a.m. Thursday. The vehicle was recovered in a field at South Caldwell and West Marsh Street. A witness saw the teens get out of the vehicle. A K-9 was called to track the area from the car and it led officers to a home in the 600 block of South Caldwell Street where teens were also located.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• A man reported on Thursday someone ransacked a Cadillac, a Toyota, and a Honda Odyssey in the 400 block of Maupin Avenue. All of the vehicles were unlocked and nothing was stolen.
• Enterprise reported someone spotted teens breaking into vehicles in the business parking lot, located at 321 Bendix Drive. The teens — 12 years old, 15 years and two 14-year-olds were caught on Cedar Street. A witness spotted them, called the police to give them the direction that the teens ran. The officer circled the area and found them. One of whom was hiding inside a vehicle.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A man reported on Wednesday he was the victim of an assault while in the 100 block of Falcon Ridge Road.
• A woman reported on Wednesday she was the victim of money order fraud that occurred between April 18 and April 21 while in the 200 block of Honeysuckle Lane.
• Charlotte Dog Club reported on Wednesday the business was the victim of credit card fraud sometime between April 12 and April 18 while in the 1800 block of Amity Road, Cleveland.
• Ricky Lee Leonard, 55, was charged with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon while in the 100 Falcon Ridge Road.