Blotter: Man found with cocaine shortly after being arrested for first-degree burglary
Published 11:11 am Saturday, March 21, 2020
By Natalie Anderson
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man was arrested on Wednesday for felony first-degree burglary and then was charged for felony possession of a controlled substance on penal institution premises after the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office discovered cocaine wrapped in a $1 bill when searching him.
An officer was dispatched to the 3000 block of W. Innes St. on Wednesday after receiving a complaint from a neighbor who heard “banging and glass breaking.” The resident and victim of the trespassed apartment heard it, too.
When the officer was speaking with the neighbor and resident of the apartment broken into, Vicente Tinoco-Romero, 34, said, “Police, go, police” while sticking his head out of a broken window upstairs.
The officer reportedly kicked open the door to apprehend Tinoco-Romero. He was given a $25,000 bond.
When his property was searched after the arrest, Tinoco-Romero was then charged for the cocaine found in his wallet.
In other sheriff’s reports:
- An incident was reported at the 1000 block of Farm Creek Rd. where a man accidentally shot himself in the leg after comparing guns with others.
- Nathaniel Soloman Mcguire, 41, of Salisbury, was arrested on Wednesday on a misdemeanor charge of assault to a female.
- Gary Lee Kelly, 28, of Salisbury, was arrested on Wednesday on a charge of weapon possession by a felon.
In police reports:
- Kendal Montress Nesbit, 44, was arrested on Tuesday on a misdemeanor charge of possessing a controlled substance, schedule VI.
- Akyea Tutu Jennings, 34, was arrested on Tuesday on a felony charge of furnishing controlled substances to inmates.
- Markisha Santrice Cochran, 31, was arrested on Tuesday on a misdemeanor charge of simple possession of schedule II, III, V or VI controlled substances.
Contact reporter Natalie Anderson at 704-797-4246.