Blotter: Rowan man cited for marijuana possession
By Shavonne Potts
GRANITE QUARRY — A Rowan man received a citation for marijuana after a deputy pulled him over because the taillight on his vehicle was not working. He told the deputy he was taking a one-day trip to Myrtle Beach when he was stopped on Sunday.
Jason Allan Bibb, 43, was cited on Sunday with misdemeanor possession of control of a substance schedule IV while in the 400 block of South Salisbury Avenue, Granite Quarry. The deputy stopped the Volkswagen and asked the driver, Jason Bibb, if he had any substances in the vehicle because the officer smelled marijuana, said Capt. John Sifford.
The officer checked the license plate and asked again if there was anything in the vehicle. Bibb admitted there was an handed over four marijuana cigarettes to the deputy. The cigarettes contained 4.3 grams of marijuana. He received a warning regarding the broken taillight.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• Warrants were taken on Friday on an offender when deputies found narcotics in her wallet following attempted larceny in the 100 block of Deal Road, Mooresville.
• A man reported on Friday he was the victim of a burglary in the 200 block of Poole Road.
• Pine Ridge Baptist Church reported on Friday someone tore motion lights off a business and then tried to break into the church, 880 Old Linn Road, China Grove.
• A woman reported on Friday she was the victim of larceny in the 1200 block of Dublin Court, China Grove.
• A man reported on Friday he was the victim of credit card fraud while in the 600 block of Gheen Road.
• A man reported on Friday he was the victim of forgery while in the 4200 of East NC 152, Rockwell.
• A man reported Sunday he was the victim of an assault while in the 100 block of West Liberty Street.
• Chosen Faith Church reported on Sunday there was a break-in that occurred sometime between Friday and Sunday, 155 Cuthbertson Estate Drive, Woodleaf.
• Dandre Treshaun Mitchell, 24, was charged on Friday with felony possession of a firearm by a felon while at the Rowan County jail annex.
• Morris Lefty Small, 54, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor communicating threats while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Jessica Caroline Swinson, 32, was charged on Friday with felony breaking and entering in the 200 block of Poole Road.
• Sharon Nicole Robbins, 31, was charged on Friday with felony possession of a controlled substance schedule IV while in the 8000 block of Longbriar Drive, Kannapolis.
• Kelvin Leon Jennings, 51, was charged on Saturday with felony possession of a controlled substance schedule II while in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
• Darin Patrick Tratzinski, 55, was cited on Saturday for the burning of personal property for illegally burning trash in the 100 block of Courtney Lane.
• Donna Marie Campbell, 39, was charged on Sunday with misdemeanor simple assault while in the 500 block of Wiley Lane.
• Shamique Hubbard, 30, was charged on Sunday with misdemeanor aggravated assault while in the 100 block of Hawkins Loop.
In Salisbury Police Department reports
• Drugs were reported on Sunday during a traffic stop at 76761 southbound Interstate 85.
• St. Luke’s Episcopal Church reported the church was scammed out of two payroll checks, 100 block of West Council Street.
• A man reported on Monday he was the victim of a physical assault following a disturbance at Lake Park, 300 block of W. Miller Street.
• A man reported on Monday he was the victim of a physical assault while in the 400 block of East Innes St.
By Natalie Anderson email@example.com SALISBURY — A recent survey conducted in conjunction with the Rowan Economic Development commission and the... read more