Blotter: Salisbury man found unconscious in truck charged with drug possession
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man was charged with heroin possession after he was found unconscious behind the wheel of a pickup parked in the middle of the road, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Nikolas Anthony Pellegrino, 22, of the 200 block of John Penn Circle, with felony possession of a controlled substance schedule I, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, misdemeanor driving while impaired, misdemeanor fictitious or revoked registration tag, and felony outstanding warrants for felony and misdemeanor larceny for removing an anti-theft device out of Rowan County.
He was charged on Saturday and has since been released under a $5,000 secured bond from the Rowan County Detention Center.
Police were called to the 300 block of North Clay Street after midnight to a GMC Sonoma sitting in the roadway. An officer approached the truck and the driver soon came to, said Detective Travis Shulenburger.
According to a department report, Pellegrino did admit to using drugs. He had .3 grams of heroin that was wrapped in paper, Shulenburger said.
While searching the vehicle, the officer discovered the words Narcan written in pink on the glove compartment. The officer also found a spoon with powder residue on it, the burnt bottom of a soda can, tin foil throughout the vehicle and several needles.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• A woman reported on Saturday someone vandalized her car while parked in the 100 block of Clancy Street.
• A woman reported on Saturday someone entered her vehicle and stole her belongings while it was parked in the 1400 block of North Jackson Street.
• A woman reported on Saturday she was the victim of an assault while in the 1900 block of Ganell Avenue.
• A 5-year-old girl was assault while inside an apartment in the 600 block of Brenner Avenue, Apt. 304.
• Domino’s Pizza reported on Monday the business was the victim of fraud while in the 600 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• Christopher Edward Harmon, 37, was charged on Saturday with felony possession of stolen goods while in the 400 block of West Innes Street.
• Jonreesko Waylon Watson, 45, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor assault on a female by male over 18 while in the 1500 block of South Main Street.
• Waylon K. Smith, 49, was charged on Sunday with misdemeanor assault on a female while in the 1900 block of Ganell Avenue.
• Stephen Lee Smith-Vincent, 32, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor assault of a child while in the 600 block of Brenner Avenue.
• Ralph Lamont Moore, 35, was charged on Monday with felony embezzlement while in the 100 block of Clancy Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A man reported on Jan. 16 his moped was stolen from the 200 block of Knoll View Drive.
• A Rowan County resident was charged after misusing 911 Communications and assaulting a law enforcement officer while in the 500 block of Yost Road.
• A man reported on Jan. 16 a larceny occurred in the while in the 500 block of Patterson Road.
• A woman reported someone stole her laptop while in the 1000 block of Mill Wheel Drive.
• A woman reported on Jan. 16 that someone stole her firearm from a vehicle that was parked in the 800 block of Cannon Street, Rockwell.
• Carolina Antique Power Association reported on Jan. 16 that someone stole from the association from the 500 block of Sloan Road, Mount Ulla.
• A man reported on Jan. 16 that someone stole firearms from a business while in the 6900 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• A woman reported on Jan. 16 that she was the victim of an assault while in the 200 block of Brook Valley Drive.
• A man reported on Jan. 16 that he was the victim of larceny while in the 4200 block of Franklin Community Center Road.
• A woman reported on Jan. 16 hearing shots fired in the 1000 block of Old Stone House Road.
SALISBURY —Brien Lewis, president of Catawba College for the past eight years, will become president of Transylvania University in Lexington,... read more