Crime blotter: Dec. 15
• Brandon Brent Sullivan, 37, of Salisbury, was charged by Rowan County Sheriff’s Office with misdemeanor larceny of motor vehicle and resisting a public officer on Sunday. Officers said he hid under the bed when an officer was attempting to locate and arrest. He is being held under a $8,000 bond.
• Kyle Allen Perkins, 36, of Salisbury, was charged by Salisbury Police with felony possession of Schedule II control substance and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia on Saturday. Authorities say he was in possession of methamphetamine and a used hypodermic needle. He is being held under a $2,500 bond.
• Eric Johnson Carpenter, 50, of Salisbury, was charged by Rowan County for felony obtaining property by false pretense, breaking and entering and larceny after breaking and entering on Saturday.
According to the arrest report, Carpenter broke into a storage room on Dunns Mountain Road. He took a leaf blower, valued at $200. He allegedly pawned it off for $50 at Reliable Pawn Shop.
He is being held under a $2,500 bond.
• Johnny Ray Gist Jr., 23, of Winston-Salem, was charged by Salisbury Police, with felony fleeing and eluding arrest with motor vehicle, driving while his license was revoked and having a fictitious registration. He also was charged with possession of marijuana up to a half ounce.
He is being held under a $15,000 bond.
• Phillip Tywon Grady, 41, of Kannapolis, was charged Sunday by Kannapolis Police with two counts of felony trafficking cocaine. The arrest report stated he got into a car accident at North Cannon Boulevard and East 20th Street and left the scene. He was also charged with hit and run with leaving the scene resulting in property damage.
He is being held under a $1 million bond.
• Kelsey Gayle Marie Mayers, 23, of Cleveland, was charged by Salisbury Police, with possession of meth on Saturday. She is being held under a $10,000 bond.
• Daniel Scott Yates, 28, of Salisbury, was charged by Salisbury Police, with felony possession of methamphetamine and possession of heroin on Saturday. He is being held under a $10,000 bond.
• Phillip Wayne Bowles, 47, of Kannapolis, was charged by Rowan County Sheriff’s with misdemeanor assault on a female on Saturday. Olivia Dawn Bowles, 41, of Kannapolis, was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery. Both have no bond.
• Titus Delany Vinson, 37, of Salisbury, was charged Sunday by Salisbury Police with two counts of misdemeanor assault on a female and assault causing serious injury with a minor present.
• Devau Marquel White, 30, Salisbury, was charged by the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell or deliver marijuana, misdemeanor possession of marijuana paraphernalia, carrying a concealed gun and simple possession of Schedule IV controlled substance on Saturday. He is being held under a $5,000 bond.
• Jeremy Price, 21, of Salisbury, was charged with two counts of felony attempting to break and enter building, two counts of felony breaking and entering a motor vehicle, misdemeanor larceny and injury to personal property on Saturday.
According to the arrest report, Price broke into a detached garage on Faye Lane, broke into a Mariah Deck Boat, a Ford F-150 and a Silverado. He allegedly took a children’s scooter and a check book, valued at $50.
He is being held under a $25,000 bond.
U.S. Rep. Ted Budd, R-13, announced last week he will vote “no” on articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump... read more