Blotter: Richfield woman faces animal cruelty charges for second time
RICHFIELD —A Richfield woman has been charged with animal cruelty for the second time this year, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
An arrest warrant was served last Thursday at her Richfield home.
Meloney Loutisha Everhart, 59, of the 16000 block of Stokes Ferry Road, gave a written promise to appear in court Nov. 20. She was charged in October with the same offense.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Dancy Arms, a firearms dealer, reported Thursday that two silencers were stolen after an inventory check by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms in the 6200 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• A woman reported Thursday that she was assaulted by her daughter in the 2200 block of Seventh Street.
• A man reported stolen tools Thursday in the 600 block of White Farm Road.
• A woman reported an assault Thursday in the 7300 block of Jones Road.
• Charles Dennis Turner, 40, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 7300 block of Jones Road.
• Georgia Henrica Smith, 41, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault in the 2200 block of Seventh Street.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported an assault Saturday in the 700 block of Camp Road.
• A man reported a gun-related assault Saturday in the 700 block of Club House Drive.
• A woman reported Sunday that she was struck by a vehicle in the parking lot of Walmart while responding to a larceny at the store, located at 323 S. Arlington St.
• A phone was stolen Sunday from the YMCA, 828 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• Wendy’s reported embezzlement Sunday at the business, 515 E. Innes St.
• Police found marijuana inside a vehicle Monday in the 1000 block of West Monroe and Lloyd streets.
By Mike London firstname.lastname@example.org Area athletes update … Pittsburgh Steelers defensive tackle Javon Hargrave (North Rowan) got to Rams quarterback... read more