Posters Sept. 27
• Fundraiser for Walter G. Sifford, lung transplant recipient, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, Geneva Oglesby Community Center, 663 Dunn’s Mountain Road, Granite Quarry. Flounder and croaker plates, hot dog plates for $10; drinks $1. Sponsored by Holmes Iron & Metal. 704-239-2816
• Spencer Woman’s Club mum sale, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, 100 Third St. $5 each.
• Community shredding, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Clemmons United Methodist Church. $5 per box or bag supports Guatemala mission team. clemmonsumc.org/events
• Red Cross Blood drive, 1-5:30 p.m. Sunday, Harold B. Jarrett American Legion Post 342, 1024 Lincolnton Road. 704-637-1722
• Heavenly Hot Dog Sale, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. today, Mount Olivet United Methodist Church, 301 Mount Olivet Road. Homemade desserts. Free delivery over $10; for takeout, call 704-782-8846. www.mtochurch.com
• Three spots left in the diabetes prevention program at East Rowan YMCA. Classes begin 6-7 p.m. Oct. 7. 25 one-hour sessions over a year. A lifestyle coach leads a small group of adults to discuss behavior changes. Registration: Laurie Ward, 704-216-9622.
SALISBURY — The first 2019 City Council candidate forum on Thursday quizzed incumbents and four challengers on issues and priorities,... read more