Blotter: Couple arrested for breaking into American Century Homes building
SALISBURY — The Rowan County Sheriff’s Department has arrested a man and woman for a breaking, entering and larceny last Tuesday at American Century Homes, 5200 S. Main St.
The site, not occupied at present, was originally Cannon Mills’ Swink Plant.
Charged with felony breaking and entering, along with larceny after a break-in are Michael Wayne Horne, 36, and Melanie D. Johnson, 38. Horne also faces a charge of obtaining property by false pretense.
The couple allegedly stole tubing that had multiple strands of cooper inside. Value of the stolen copper was put at $1,000.
Bond was set for Horne at $100,000; for Johnson, $50,000.
In other weekend reports from the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office:
• Desjuan Montre Clawson, 28, of Salisbury, was arrested Sunday on true bills of indictments for conspiring to traffic in opium/heroin, trafficking in cocaine and conspiring to traffic in cocaine.
The cocaine charges stem from Haywood County. His bond was set at $75,000.
• Jacob Emil Kennedy, 23, was charged Sunday with possession with the intent to manufacture, sell and distribute a Schedule VI controlled substance.. He also was cited for failure to appear in court. His bond is set at $65,000.
• The Granite Quarry-Faith Police Authority charged Kimberly Lundberg, 44, of Rockwell, with resisting, delaying and obstructing an officer; possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia. Her bond was set at $2,500.
• Jason Emmanuel Roebuck, 31, of Salisbury, was charged Saturday with possession by a felon of firearms, and his bond was set at $50,000.
• Colten Jeremy Smith, 17, of Dayton, Ohio, was charged Saturday with resisting, delaying and obstructing an officer by the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
• The Sheriff’s Office charged Paul Erik Whaley, 20, with misdemeanor larceny and obtaining property by false pretense from an incident dating back to June 12.
• Kannapolis Police charged Michael Chad Clerk, 45, of Miller Road, with resisting an officer.
• ALE officers charged Brandon Shaun Rhodes, 25, of Kannapolis with possession of a firearm by a felon and a probation violation. His bond was set at $5,000.
Gov. Roy Cooper and leaders of the General Assembly met Friday for an hour to discus the state budget. But... read more