In Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A small amount of marijuana was seized during a traffic stop Friday in the 1800 block of Brenner Avenue and Statesville Boulevard.
• An assault was reported Friday in the 2300 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A man reported Friday that a string trimmer was stolen from an open carport in the 200 block of Sycamore Road.
• A man reported Friday that three checks were stolen and cashed in the 900 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Chick-fil-A reported Friday that counterfeit money was used at the East Innes Street restaurant.
• A firearm was found Friday in the 2100 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A rape was reported Saturday.
• A man reported a stolen UPS package Saturday in the 200 block of Huntington Drive.
• Belk reported embezzlement Saturday at the store on Klumac Road.
• A woman reported a stolen vehicle Saturday in the 1400 block of Klumac Road.
• A man reported vandalism Saturday in the 300 block of Faith Road.
• Traffic and weapons violations were reported Saturday at South Merritt Avenue and Van Nuys Street.
• A man reported Sunday that shots were fired and a possible domestic assault was in progress in the 1000 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A man on Sunday said he received a counterfeit $20 bill in the 200 block of Ridge Avenue.
• A man reported Sunday that a scooter was stolen from the parking lot of an apartment complex in the 300 block of Lakewood Drive.
• Duke Energy reported a larceny Sunday in the 1400 block of West Horah Street.
• A man reported a larceny from a motor vehicle Sunday in the 300 block of Faith Road.
• Possession of marijuana was reported Sunday in the 300 block of East Kerr Street at North Long Street.
• A man reported a break-in Sunday in the 800 block of East Lafayette Street.
• Grayson Speight Melton, 23, of the 1400 block of West Monroe Street, was charged with failing to appear in court in Iredell County on Friday.
• Shannon Dela Ray Sifford, 28, of the 300 block of Faith Road, was charged with a probation violation Friday.
• Thamera Tahiquita Smith, 23, of the 1400 block of Old Wilkesboro Road, was issued a show-cause warrant Sunday.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman reported vandalism Thursday in the 400 block of Walton Road.
• A man reported Thursday that his kayaks were stolen in the 300 block of Hickory Hill Road.
• A man reported Thursday that someone broke into his home and stole his guns in the 7000 block of Woodleaf Road, Woodleaf.
• James Anthony Elswick, 40, was charged with being a fugitive from justice Thursday at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• April Elesha Whitley, 31, was charged with simple assault Thursday at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Latisha Denise Barber, 38, of the 300 block of Academy Street, Cleveland, was charged with communicating threats Thursday.
What could be better than this? A long ride is done, and I am looking at the state of Washington,... read more