Blotter: Man charged with stealing TV from Walmart
An east Rowan County man was arrested Thursday on outstanding warrants on charges that he stole a TV from Walmart several days earlier.
The Salisbury Police Department said Scottie Todd Patterson, 34, of the 1000 block of Beagle Run, was charged with misdemeanor larceny and felony larceny based on warrants issued Sunday.
Patterson is accused of stealing a TV after cutting off an anti-theft device and leaving through the store’s fire exit.
The TV was valued at $599, the Police Department said.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• Charles Jeremiah Withers, 19, was charged with felony credit card fraud.
• A woman reported vandalism Thursday in the 700 block of Julian Road.
• A person reported a sex offense against a child Thursday in the 1300 block of Larchmont Place.
• A weapons violation was reported Thursday in the 700 block of East Innes Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• Willie Lee Edwards, 58, was charged Wednesday with possession of a schedule II controlled substance with intent to manufacture, sell or distribute.
• Kristan Dawn Leonard, 29, was charged Wednesday with felony possession of a controlled substance.
• Cheeseman’s General store on Old Beatty Ford Road on Wednesday reported the theft of multiple items.
• A woman on Wednesday reported that vehicles were being broken into on Morrowfield Place in Mount Ulla.
• A gun was found Wednesday on the side of the road at Miller Road and West Church Street in China Grove.