Blotter: School vandalized with spray-painted expletives
SALISBURY — Someone spray-painted expletives on the exterior wall of Salisbury Christian School, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
No arrest has been made, but officials say the suspect is a former student.
Sheriff’s investigators spoke with Kevin Newcome, who reported the vandalism at the school, 225 Majestic Drive, on Sunday. The school is associated with Salisbury Community Bible Church, located not far away on St. Luke’s Church Road.
Between 9 p.m. Saturday and 8:34 a.m. Sunday, someone used gray spray paint to write expletives and other “choice words,” said Capt. John Sifford.
Investigators asked school officials whether anyone had been terminated or a student suspended or expelled. They said one student was recently suspended. An officer contacted juvenile services about the incident. The case remains open.
The damage was estimated at $200.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman reported a break-in Friday in the 700 block of Rothrock Road, Rockwell.
• A man reported a scam Friday.
• A man reported Friday that someone broke into his vehicle and stole a firearm in the 5800 block of Goodman Lake Road.
• A woman reported the theft of $122 Friday in the 600 block of Timber Trail, Gold Hill.
• A woman reported Friday that someone stole a package from her front porch in the 100 block of Ashley Drive.
• A man reported Saturday that someone stole items from his vehicle in the 300 block of N.C. 801, Woodleaf.
• A man reported Saturday that someone stole items from his vehicle while it was parked in the 4300 block of Grandeur Drive.
• A woman reported property damage Sunday in the 1000 block of Barringer Road.
• A man said his mailbox was vandalized Sunday in the 200 block of Dalton Drive.
• Shana Morgan Beck, 27, was charged Friday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI in the 17000 block of Oak Breeze Circle, Mooresville.
• James Foy Sloan, 57, was charged Friday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 200 block of Rodden Road, Woodleaf.
• Jace Landon McDougall, 16, was charged Friday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule VI in the 8000 block of N.C. 801, Mount Ulla.
• Sharon Rodden Hollifield, 58, was charged Friday with communicating threats, assault by pointing a gun, and resisting or obstructing an officer in the 600 block of Mocksville Avenue.
• Daniel Lee Stice, 38, was charged Friday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 2400 block of Stokes Ferry Road.
• Jerry Dean Sadler, 39, was charged Friday with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled substance Schedule II in the 12700 block of U.S. 52.
• Dale Edward Uprright, 34, was chargedon Saturday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 1000 block of Brookwood Drive, China Grove.
• Cary Joseph Jackson, 29, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule III controlled substance in the 1100 Conestoga Trail.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
By Shavonne Walker firstname.lastname@example.org KANNAPOLIS — A Cabarrus County man and woman face felony charges for drug possession after a... read more