Blotter: Local restaurants report break-ins, vandalism
SALISBURY — Salisbury police say two local restaurants were broken into and vandalized early Tuesday morning.
Police said someone threw a brick through the windows of New China One and Village Inn Pizza, both in the 2100 block of Statesville Boulevard.
Both restaurants were ransacked sometime before 4 a.m. It’s unclear what was taken, police officials said.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported on Tuesday said someone broke into her vehicle while it was parked in the 1300 block of Tabernacle Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman reported Monday that someone stole an heating and air conditioning unit from her home in the 1000 block Red Oak Drive, Rockwell.
• A woman reported Monday that someone made threats to her on Facebook in the 1000 block of Flash Bullet Drive, Rockwell.
• Luis Abdel Orta Bernechea, 28, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female.
• Pedro Luis Colon, 52, was charged Monday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 1000 block of East Innes Street.
• Ashley Robinson Holder, 27, was charged Monday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II in the 100 block of McCleave Road, China Grove.
SALISBURY — At a nearly 10-hour Rowan-Salisbury Board of Education retreat Wednesday, less than seven minutes was dedicated to answering... read more