Blotter: Local health practice receives fraudulent letter on city letterhead
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — The Salisbury Police Department is investigating a fraudulent letter that was mailed to an area business.
Yatawara Health and Wellness said it received a letter on what appeared to be city of Salisbury letterhead from the city’s code enforcement office.
The letter said a sign was not in compliance with city code. The business has had the sign for five years, according to a department report.
The business contacted the city, which said the letter did not come from the code enforcement department.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A man reported Monday that a back door window was broken and his house was ransacked in the 700 block of Victory Street.
• Shanice Stormy Leshea Morrow, 25, was charged Monday with simple assault while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Joseph Jehoshaphat Guidry, 19, was charged Tuesday with felony possession of stolen goods in the 600 block of Statesville Boulevard. Police say he had a Glock handgun that was stolen in Concord.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman on Monday reported a stolen credit card in the 1400 block of Fieldcrest Drive.
• A man on Monday reported items stolen from his building in the 400 block of Liberty Road, Gold Hill.
• A man on Monday reported an assault in the 700 block of Daugherty Road, China Grove.
• A woman on Monday reported a burglary at her home in the 600 block of Kokomo Lane, Rockwell.
• A woman reported Monday that someone went into her vehicle and stole a handgun in the 19800 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Gold Hill.
• A student at Hanford Dole Elementary School brought a BB gun to school. It was found in a backpack, but no threat was made at the school, 465 Choate Road.
• A woman said Monday that items were stolen from her home in the 100 block of Ferrell Lane.
• A man on Monday reported an armed robbery in the 1200 block of Elizabeth Avenue at Beaver Street in Kannapolis.
• Danny Ray Carson, 54, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 700 block of Daugherty Road, China Grove.
• Ronald Lafleur Woodruff, 40, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon while at the Rowan County Courthouse.
• Brandon Mikel Jordan, 27, was charged Monday with felony removing, destroying or deactivating a security device in the 1000 block of Family Circle, Rockwell.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.