Blotter: Walmart cashier pockets purchased gift cards
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — A Walmart cashier pocketed two gift cards bought by a customer, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
When the customer returned to the store to say she did not receive the gift cards, managers determined that the employee had kept them.
Kalena Powers, 20, of Spencer, was issued a citation for misdemeanor larceny.
According to a police report, Powers is accused of ringing up two gift cards for the customer and not giving them to the woman. She instead stuck them into her own pocket, police said.
She later left the store and took the gift cards with her.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• Advanced Home Care reported Friday that a crack between the door and frame had been pried in an attempt to gain access into the building at 1406 W. Innes St.
• A man reported Friday that someone took items from his vehicle in the 200 block of Oakwood Avenue.
• A woman on Friday reported a theft in the 100 block of Carabelle Circle.
• Ryder Transportation Services reported Friday that someone vandalized the property at 520 Long Meadow Drive.
• A woman on Friday reported an assault in the 400 block of Chesapeake Drive.
• A woman on Friday reported fraud in the 400 block of Hamilton Drive.
• A man on Friday said a bicycle was taken from his yard in the 100 block of West Steele Street.
• A man reported Friday that someone took items from his vehicle in the 600 block of Gold Hill Drive.
• A woman on Friday reported a domestic assault in the 900 block of East Lafayette Street.
• A woman on Friday reported vandalism in the 100 block of West 12th Street.
• A woman reported Friday that the door of her vehicle was unlocked and someone took items from her car while parked at Tinseltown Theater, 305 Faith Road.
• A woman on Saturday reported a vehicle theft in the 900 block of East Lafayette Street.
• A man on Saturday said someone took items from his vehicle in the 400 block of East Fisher Street.
• Outback Steakhouse on Saturday said flat-screen TV hanging in front of the building was stolen at 1020 E. Innes St.
• A woman on Saturday reported that someone pointed a gun at her in the 100 block of East Monroe Street.
• A woman on Saturday reported a larceny while she was parked at Goodwill Resale Store, 836 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• A 14-year-old reported Saturday that his bicycle was stolen while at Miller Recreation Center, 1402 W. Bank St.
• A firearm was discharged Saturday in the 2400 block of South Main Street.
• A man on Saturday reported a previous assault involving a gun while at the Citgo convenience store, 1831 W. Innes St.
• A woman on Sunday said items were stolen from her vehicle in the 300 block of Wiley Avenue
• A woman on Sunday said items were stolen from her vehicle while parked at the Pop Shoppe, 1831 W. Innes St.
• A man on Sunday said his home was burglarized in the 500 block of Magnolia Avenue.
• George Albert Torrence, 29, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 1000 block of Old Plank Road.
• Debra Lu Bledsoe, 46, was charged Saturday with felony trafficking in drugs in the 1300 block of Longview Avenue.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported Thursday that tools were stolen from his work truck in the 700 block of Walton Road.
• A man on Thursday reported a burglary in the 17300 block of Dooley Road, Cleveland.
• A man reported Thursday that someone fraudulently used his bank account in the 3800 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove.
• Whitney Paige Krider, 29, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in the 4400 block of Hampton Road.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.