Blotter: China Grove man charged with cocaine possession
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — A China Grove man was charged with possession of crack cocaine and resisting arrest after the drugs were found during a traffic stop and he gave police the wrong name, a Salisbury Police report said.
Salisbury Police charged Ashley Jermaine Black, 33, of Walnut Street, with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II, misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer and misdemeanor probation officer.
On Thursday, police stopped Black during a license checkpoint at the corner of 1299 S. Fulton St. and Mitchell Avenue. He was initially arrested on an outstanding warrant. Upon searching Black, officers discovered a crack rock in the driver’s side floorboard.
He initially gave police the name of Marcus Black, but eventually admitted he lied because he had a warrant for a probation violation.
He remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $12,500 secured bond.
In other Salisbury Police reports:
• A man reported on Wednesday he was the victim of a physical assault in the 1300 block of Old Plank Road.
• A woman reported she was the victim of an assault in the 200 block of Pearl Street.
• A woman reported on Thursday she was the victim of an assault in the 900 block of Old Plank Road.
• A woman reported on Thursday she left her car unlocked and running while she went inside for coffee and returned to find her car gone in the 700 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A man reported on Thursday someone stole items from his vehicle in the 500 block of Magnolia Avenue.
• A man reported on Thursday someone stole items from his vehicle on Cedar Street.
• A man reported on Thursday someone stole his cell phone at McDonald’s, 704 E. Innes St.
• A man reported on Thursday he was assaulted in the 100 block of Jon Drake Drive.
• Stephen Anthony Perrien, 33, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 200 block of Pearl Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.