Blotter: Salisbury man jailed after attempted fight
Published 8:24 pm Wednesday, April 25, 2018
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man remains in the Rowan County Detention Center after his arrest Tuesday as officers tried to keep him from fighting another man.
Police charged Joseph Michael Johnson, 24, of the 700 block of Maple Avenue, with misdemeanor resisting, obstructing or delaying an officer. He was jailed under a $500 secured bond.
Johnson was arrested in the middle of the 600 block of Lincolnton Road, according to a police report. He was trying to start in a fight with another man, and he refused to comply with a police officer, a report said.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• A man reported Tuesday that someone stole items from his vehicle in the 1900 block of Welch Road.
• A man on Tuesday reported an assaulted with a pocketknife. He was treated at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center.
• Ben Mynatt reported that a registration plate was taken off a vehicle parked at the car dealership, 866 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• A man on Tuesday reported that someone stole items from his vehicle parked in the 1100 block of West Bank Street.
• A man on Tuesday said two people made verbal threats to him in the 500 block of East Innes Street.
• Bruce Junior Robinson, 36, was charged Wednesday with felony common law robbery, misdemeanor assault on a female and interfering with emergency communications while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported Monday that someone that someone tried to steal his retirement savings by having the money deposited into another account.
• A break-in was reported Monday at West Rowan Grill, 8870 Statesville Blvd.
• Rockwell Elementary School reported Monday that a child’s book bag and school-issued iPad were stolen April 18 from the child’s residence in the 100 block of Misty Lane, Rockwell.
• A man on Monday reported a stolen leaf blower in the 7600 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• Susan Rebecca Robinson, 36, was charged Monday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance Schedule IV in the 500 block of Sloop Street, China Grove.
• Matthew Aaron Lee, 33, was charged Monday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II in the 2300 block of Castor Road, Rockwell.
• David Delorenzo, 48, was charged Monday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II in the 2300 block of Castor Road, Rockwell.
• James Robert Gaither, 32, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female while at the Rowan County jail.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.