Blotter: Man accused of stealing items from ex-wife’s hotel room
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — A woman told the Salisbury Police Department that her ex-husband stole items from her hotel room at the Econo Lodge, 1328 S. Jake Alexander Blvd., between 3 and 6 p.m. Tuesday.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• A 12-year-old on Tuesday reported a larceny at the Hurley Family YMCA, 828 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• A woman on Tuesday reported a stolen wallet while at the Rowan County Department of Social Services, 1813 E. Innes St.
• A man reported Tuesday that he heard his car horn sound and looked outside to see the driver’s side door of his car open, but no one was standing there, in the 200 block of Oakwood Avenue.
• A man on Wednesday reported that his cellphone was stolen after he left his vehicle unlocked with the phone on the console at Speedway gas station, 500 E. Innes St.
• Andy Mark Kepley, 59, was charged with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 500 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Aaron Darius Holtzclaw, 34, was arrested Wednesday on federal warrants and was indicted by a grand jury.
• James Dominic Hildreth, 37, was charged Thursday with felony breaking and entering at Lowe’s Home Improvement, 207 Faith Road.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• James Alonzo Lewis, a registered sex offender, failed to notify the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office of a change of address, authorities said.
• A woman on Tuesday reported a break-in at her home in the 300 block of Silk and Tassel Road, Cleveland.
• Magic Pools Inc. on Tuesday reported a larceny at the property, 345 Roseman Road.
• A woman on Tuesday reported a physical assault in the 200 block of Riverside Drive.
• A man on Tuesday reported a number of mailboxes vandalized in the area of the 400 block of Miller Chapel Road.
• Andrew Sir Rossi Hamilton, 33, was charged Tuesday with felony possession of stolen goods while at the Rowan County Courthouse.
• Leonard Eugene Straub, 54, was charged with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 200 block of Riverside Drive.
• Nathan Earl Hager, 38, was charged Tuesday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule I while in the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Jerry Otha Hattaway, 56, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 200 block of Performance Road, Mooresville.
• Joh Dillon Webb, 27, was charged Tuesday with felony breaking and entering while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Bryan Michael Baucom, 40, was charged Tuesday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II in the 1000 block of Duck Haven Drive.
SPENCER — Investigators raided a Spencer apartment Wednesday and found seven medium-size marijuana plants growing in a confined space. Two people were... read more