Blotter: Winston-Salem woman charged with drug possession
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, March 13, 2018
SALISBURY — A Winston-Salem woman was charged with felony drug possession and a driving infraction late Friday night, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The incident happened at 122 W. 11th St. at North Church street.
Charavia Anita Blackman, 30, of the 1000 block of Cloister Drive, was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II and misdemeanor driving while license revoked.
She was issued a $2,500 secured bond and has since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• Jimmy John’s on Friday reported fraud at 121 Brenner Ave.
• A man reported Friday that someone opened a Sprint cellphone account in his name in the 200 block of Confederate Avenue.
• Speedway on Friday reported a larceny by an employee at 827 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• A woman reported that someone stole the license plate from her vehicle while it was parked at Rowan Social Services, 1813 E Innes St.
• A man on Saturday reported he was the victim of a physical disturbance in the 900 block of East Lafayette Street.
• A woman reported on Saturday that she was the victim of a physical domestic incident in the 100 block of East Innes St.
• An officer found a bag of crack cocaine Saturday in the parking lot of the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office, 118 W. Liberty St.
• Salisbury police on Sunday reported a fire in a sprinkler room at 130 E. Liberty St.
• A woman on Sunday reported a larceny at Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, 1120 S. Martin Luther King Jr.
• Carlos Omega Larue, 43, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor carrying a concealed pistol in the 100 block of East Bank and South Lee streets.
• Stefan Naielle West, 26, was charged Sunday with felony first-degree burglary in the 300 block of Lakewood Drive.
• Gary Brian Cox, 45, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor communicating threats in the 400 block of South Lee Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• An eighth-grade student at West Rowan Middle School was found in possession of hemp oil Thursday.
• Lottery tickets were stolen from Lentz General Store sometime between Feb. 8 and Feb. 16 at 9020 Stokes Ferry Road.
• Southeast Middle School on Thursday reported vandalism.
• A man on Thursday reported that money was stolen in the 2600 block of Wind Swept Way, Rockwell.
• A woman on Thursday reported fraud in the 100 block of Cedera Brook Drive, Kannapolis.
• A woman on Thursday reported an assault in the 2200 block of Scout Road.
• Kenyatta Shanell Holmes, 19, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 1500 block of Harrison Road.
• Jayquan Deshawn Brown, 17, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor marijuana possession in the Rowan County Detention Center.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.