Blotter: Man reports arson of car
Published 11:37 pm Friday, March 2, 2018
SALISBURY — A man reported that someone broke the driver’s side window with a brick, poured gasoline into a car and set it on fire.
The incident occurred in the 100 block of Majolica Road about 3:30 a.m. Thursday. The man told police officers that he does not have any known enemies. The Salisbury Police Department is continuing to investigate.
In other Salisbury police reports:
• Police were dispatched to a call of shots fired at 611 Park Ave. While patrolling, officers came in contact with Harry Vanpelt, who was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman reported that someone took her debit card and used it at an ATM and businesses between December and Jan. 29.
• A man reported Wednesday a previous breaking and entering in the 1500 block of Shue Road, China Grove.
• Devin Alexander Cornwell, 20, was charged Wednesday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II in the 9100 block of Castor Road/Rimer Road.
• Heather Shawn Thompson, 37, was charged Wednesday with felony breaking and entering in the 400 block of Newport Drive.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.