Blotter: East Rowan High student cited for bringing hunting knife to school
Published 8:12 pm Thursday, March 1, 2018
SALISBURY — An East Rowan High School student was cited for bringing a knife to school, the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday.
Authorities said 16-year-old Chandler Austin King had a hunting knife in his backpack while at school. He was disciplined by the school and issued a citation for misdemeanor possession of a weapon on campus.
King, of the 100 block of Josie Street in Rockwell, was cited Thursday.
In November, King and his brother, Matthew Tyler King, 17, were accused of stealing a firearm from a Salisbury home.
King is expected in court in April on felony larceny and breaking and entering charges.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Sifford’s Services reported a larceny Tuesday in the 7900 block of U.S. 52, Rockwell.
• A man reported Tuesday that a past assault occurred at the Rowan County jail.
• A man on Tuesday reported fraud in the 800 block of Glover Road.
• Chad Keith Stensrud, 33, was charged Tuesday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
• Austin Coy Coleman, 19, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor simple assault.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.