Holiday closings for Christmas and New Year’s
Published 12:00 am Thursday, December 21, 2017
Many government offices and services and some businesses will take a break for the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
- City offices, including the Customer Service Center and all four recreation centers, will be closed Friday through Tuesday and on Jan. 1.
- The city’s Solid Waste Division will run on its normal schedule except for Christmas Day. Garbage collection will be one day behind. For example, Monday’s collection will be done on Tuesday.
- The city’s Street Division will not collect leaves and limbs Friday, Monday or Tuesday or on New Year’s Day.
- Salisbury Transit will operate on a normal schedule from 9:30 a.m.-3:20 p.m. Saturday. Transit service will not operate Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. No Express Route Service will be offered Sunday through Jan. 5.
- Fibrant Technical Support will maintain regular hours. For assistance, customers may call 704-638-5300.
- Salisbury-Rowan Utilities’ administrative offices will be closed Friday through Tuesday and on Jan. 1. In case of a water or sewer emergency after hours or during the holiday,call 704-638-5339.
- Salisbury Community Park will be closed Christmas Day. Regular hours of 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. will be in effect other days.
- Rowan County
- County offices will be closed Monday through Wednesday as well as on Jan. 1.
- The first January Board of Commissioners meeting will be held at 3 p.m. Jan. 2.
- Rowan County ABC stores will be closed Monday and Tuesday and on New Year’s Day.
- Rowan County post offices will be closed Christmas and New Year’s days.
- Rowan County banks will be closed Christmas and New Year’s days.
- Town offices will be closed Friday through Wednesday, as well as Dec. 29.
- Trash pickup will be delayed one day the week of Christmas, meaning west-side pickup will be Thursday and east-side pickup on Friday.
- Town Hall will be closed Monday-Wednesday. Garbage and recycling will be picked up Dec. 30 rather than on normal days.
- Town Hall will be closed Friday through Tuesday and will reopen Wednesday. It will also be closed Jan. 1. Garbage pickup will be on Saturday the week of Christmas and New Year’s.
- Town Hall will be closed Monday-Wednesday as well as Jan. 1. Garbage will be picked up Tuesday and Jan. 2.
- Town Hall will be closed Monday and Tuesday and Jan. 1. The Board of Aldermen’s next meeting will be at 7 p.m. Jan. 2.
- All city offices will be closed Friday, Monday and Tuesday. There will be no garbage, loose-leaf and recycling collections on Christmas Day. Collection will be delayed one day.
- Offices will be closed Jan. 1. There will be no delay in garbage or recycling collection but there will be a one-day delay in loose-leaf and yard waste collection.
- Town Hall will be closed Friday, Monday, Tuesday and Jan. 1.
- Town hall will be closed Monday, Dec. 25 through Wednesday, Dec. 27, as well as Monday, Jan. 1.
- Town Hall will be closed Monday and Tuesday. Trash pickup will be delayed by two days. Town Hall will also be closed Jan. 1, and trash pickup will be delayed by one day.
Rowan County Office of Environmental Management and Processing Center
- The center will be closed Monday through Wednesday as well as Jan.1. The landfill will be closed Monday only and will reopen Tuesday. It will be closed again on Jan. 1.
- Live Christmas trees will be accepted for recycling from Christmas through Jan. 31 at the Julian Road Recycling Center only.
- All recycling centers are closed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Rowan Public Library
- Branches will be closed Monday through Wednesday, with regular hours resuming Dec. 28. The library will also be closed Jan. 1.