Man charged with assault on mother
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man was arrested Friday and charged with trying to strangle his mother.
According to Salisbury police, Johnny Reid McNeill, 46, of Preston Lane, got into an argument with his mother Friday morning. The argument escalated, and McNeill began choking his mother, then threw her to the ground.
Police report that she was taken to Northeast Medical Center with a head injury. Her condition was unknown.
Reid was charged with assault by strangulation and assault on a female. He was placed in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $10,000 secured bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- A woman reported Friday that someone took the registration plate from her car while it was parked at Walmart.
- Police seized cocaine Friday in the 1300 block of West Bank Street.
- A man reported a Facebook fraud Friday.
- A woman reported fraud at Walmart on Friday.
- A man reported Friday that a license plate was stolen from a car in the 1600 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
- A woman reported an animal attack Friday in the 300 block of Calhoun Street.
- A man reported fraud Saturday in the 700 block of West Monroe Street.
- A woman in the 1200 block of Sidney Drive requested Saturday that officers seize three firearms from the home.
- Lakewood Apartments reported vandalism Saturday.
- A woman reported fraud Saturday in the 924 block of Maple Avenue.
- Police investigated a disturbance at Walmart on Saturday.
- Police investigated a disturbance at Firestone Complete Auto care Saturday.
- Glory Church reported Sunday that someone egged the church building and tore down a vinyl banner.
- Items were reported stolen from a motor vehicle Sunday in the 2000 block of Statesville Boulevard.
- Aquavius Rober Lee, 21, was charged with possession of a Schedule I controlled substance Friday in the 1300 block of West Bank Street.
- Demetri Tyron Barber, 22, was arrested Friday and charged with an April 9 robbery with a firearm.
- Delwyn Jamar Smith, 32, was charged Friday with firearm possession by a felon.
- Steven Damion Green, 37, was charged Friday with larceny.
- Renard Leval Bennett, 46, was charged Saturday with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer.
- Asagai U. Mitchell, 48, was charged Friday with larceny.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- An overdose was reported Thursday in the 5800 block of Bertie Avenue.
- A woman reported a stolen bicycle Thursday in the 100 block of Dappler Lane.
- A woman reported that her credit card was stolen Thursday.
- A woman reported Thursday that her car was stolen from the 200 block of Mahaffey Drive.
- A man reported Thursday that a storage building in the 1500 block of West Ridge Road was broken into.
- A man reported Thursday that a trailer and boat motor were stolen in the 1100 block of Poole Road.
- A drug overdose was reported Thursday in the 200 block of Scrub Pine Road.
- A woman reported a burglary Thursday in the 200 block of Tumbleweed Drive.
- A man reported an assault Thursday in the 100 block of Cedar Brook Drive, Kannapolis.
- John Kevin Cox, 44, was charged Thursday with trafficking in heroin or opium.
- Michael Allen Miller, 42, was charged Thursday with failure of a sex offender to notify of an address change.
- Quovartis Rchan Spencer, 22, was charged with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer Thursday following a car chase in the 900 block of Peeler Road. According to reports, Spencer was stopped for speeding. When deputies went to investigate, they smelled marijuana, and Spencer fled. As deputies pursued him, Spencer allegedly crashed into another car, but kept driving for several miles before wrecking in a stand of trees.
- Michael James Hollifield, 34, was charged Thursday with resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer.
- Joseph Orlando Murdoch, 36, was charged Thursday with larceny of a motor vehicle.
- Kristie Lynn Boger, 43, was charged Thursday with simple assault.