Health Fair Friday at Rowan County Health Department
The Rowan County Health Department will hold its third Annual Health Fair Extravaganza on Friday.
The fair will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The purpose is to connect people with Health Department services and other services offered in the community.
Activities will include:
- Meals on the Bus: The Health Department is partnering with Rowan-Salisbury Schools to provide lunch to children from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Children will board the bus and receive a free bag lunch. Fruit, beverages and popcorn also will be available.
- A dental hygienist will offer free dental screenings for children and give away dental goody bags for both children and adults.
- Public health nurses will offer free health assessments, diabetes testing, blood pressure checks, BMIs and more.
- The Community Health Education program will offer information about healthy snacks and healthful eating.
- Nutrition and breastfeeding information will be provided by WIC.
- Childhood lead information and summer food safety advice will be presented by Environmental Health.
- Multiple venders will display information and help connect people to services.
- Face painting, games, giveaways, a kids zone and more are planned.
By Shavonne Walker firstname.lastname@example.org SALISBURY — Angel Arias, a member of the Latin Kings gang, pleaded guilty Tuesday morning to... read more