Blotter: Man stabbed, goes to hospital two days later
SALISBURY — A man is in the hospital after he tried to treat himself for stab wounds, according to a Salisbury police report.
The report said Marjo Lavon Edwards, 42, went to Novant Health Rowan Medical Center on Friday to be treated for an infection. Edwards had been stabbed twice in the stomach.
Family members told police the stabbing occurred May 3 while Edwards was walking in a park at 505 E. Liberty St. Instead of going to the hospital immediately, Edwards went home and tried to take care of the injuries himself. According to the report, the knife had punctured his intestines, and the wounds became infected.
Edwards was flown to Wake Forest Baptist Hospital.
No suspects have been identified, and the case is still under investigation.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- A woman reported an item stolen from a motor vehicle Friday in the 1300 block of Standish Street.
- A man reported items stolen from a car parked in the 600 block of Linn Lane on Friday.
- A man reported that methadone was stolen from his scooter in the 200 block of North Long Street on Friday.
- A man reported items stolen from a vehicle Friday in the 1000 block of Old Plank Road.
- The Super 8 Motel on Bendix Drive reported that someone stole items from the premises Friday.
- A man reported a physical assault Friday in the 100 block of South Main Street.
- A woman reported a vehicle stolen Friday from the 300 block of West Liberty Street.
- A woman reported items stolen from a motor vehicle Friday in the 600 block of Brenner Avenue.
- A man reported fraud by impersonation Friday in the 600 block of Ferndale Drive.
- A woman reported a burglary Friday in the 300 block of Foster Lane.
- A woman reported a stolen vehicle Friday in the 700 block of Park Avenue.
- Heroin and opium derivatives were seized Saturday in the 400 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
- A woman reported a stolen cellphone Saturday in the 300 block of Lake Drive.
- A woman reported the theft of medicine Saturday in the 200 block of North Long Street.
- Wal-Mart reported an attempted larceny Saturday.
- Wal-Mart reported vehicle break-ins in the parking lot on Saturday.
- A woman reported items stolen Saturday at Big Lots.
- A man reported Saturday to Novant Health Rowan Medical Center that he had been shot in the leg in the 200 block of Marsh Street. Medical personnel said the wound did not match a gunshot wound. The man left without being treated when he was told police were coming to take a report.
- Food Lion on West Jake Alexander Boulevard reported a larceny Sunday.
- A woman reported a larceny Sunday in the 2200 block of Woodleaf Road.
- A juvenile reported an assault Sunday in the 1100 block of Sidney Drive.
- A woman reported Sunday that her bicycle had been stolen from the 600 block of Shaver Street.
- Stephanie Jean Mayberry, 41, was charged Friday with larceny at Wal-Mart.
- Kevin Andre Rankin, 53, was charged Friday in the 1900 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard with larceny.
- Ronald Eric Stubbs, 52, was charged Friday in the 100 block of Depot Street with violations of city codes.
- Jennye Lynn Payne, 43, was charged with larceny at Wal-Mart on Saturday.
- Jacob Brandon Peterson, 24, was charged Saturday in the 400 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard with possession of a controlled substance.
- Gene Ray Lloyd was charged Saturday at Wal-Mart with larceny from a motor vehicle.
- Michael Anthony Brown, 16, was charged Saturday in the 100 block of Maggie Avenue with buying or receiving stolen property.
- Kenneth Aundra Bolt, 51, was charged with larceny Sunday in the 300 block of Gold Hill Drive.
- Connie Frances Wiggins-Russell, 58, was charged with larceny Sunday in the 300 block of Gold Hill Drive.
- Cameron Latrell Moody, 23, was charged Sunday in the 100 block of East Liberty Street with resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A woman reported 13 instances of fraud by false pretense Thursday.
- Drugs were seized Thursday in the 1000 block of Old Plank Road.
- A man reported a burglary Thursday in the 500 block of Spring Garden Avenue, Kannapolis.
- A man reported larceny Thursday in the 100 block of Open Street, China Grove.
- A woman reported a break-in Thursday in the 3600 block of South River Church Road, Woodleaf.
- A woman reported a burglary Thursday in the 2000 block of Hobson Road, Cleveland.
- Rushco Market on Long Ferry Road reported counterfeit money was passed Thursday.
- Lunsford Lawn Care reported that landscaping equipment was stolen Thursday in the 1200 block of Rock Grove Church Road.
- Darryl Lee Atwell, 50, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon Thursday after his girlfriend reported that he hit her with a glass Miller Lite beer bottle in the 3200 block of West Innes Street.
- Wendi Leigh Penninger, 36, was charged Thursday with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
- Darya Sergeyevna Borovskaya, 26, was charged Thursday with possession of firearms by a felon.
- Gerardo Juarez, 39, was charged with trafficking in heroin or opium Thursday in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
By Dr. Mari Maristany Rowan County Animal Control This is the time of year when so many of us cannot... read more