Posters May 5
• Give and Take Event, 8 a.m. Saturday, Mount Zion Lutheran Church, Richfield. Toys, clothes and household items free for anyone who can use them. 704-463-7280 or www.mtzionrichfield.org.
• Vendors are needed for the annual J.C. Price American Legion Memorial Week Celebration, May 26-June 3. Daniel Haddock, 704-637-6231. Health Department permits for food vendors are due Monday.
• Heavenly Hot Dog Sale, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. today, Mount Olivet United Methodist Church, 301 Mount Olivet Road. Homemade desserts, Free delivery over $10; takeout available. 704-782-8846 or www.mtochurch.com
• Plant sale by Rowan County Extension Master Gardeners, 8:30 a.m.-noon Saturday, extension office, 2727 Old Concord Road. Raffles for a tile planter by Edward Tezlaf, framed photo by Shane Tolliver and 80-gallon rain barrel.
• Fish fry and more, 10 a.m. today, Binyard Worship Center, 707 Third St., Spencer.
• J.C. Price American Legion Post 107, 9 a.m.-2 a.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. No cover. Downstairs; use rear entrance. Must have proper ID. Music and more.
By Tanya Turner Livingstone News Service SALISBURY — U.S. Ambassador Suzan Johnson Cook will be the speaker for Livingstone College’s 2017... read more