Blotter: Teen arrested on gun, drug charges
By Josh Bergeron
A 17-year-old was arrested Thursday on gun and drug charges, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Salisbury resident Montrell Charles Robinson, 17, was charged with possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance and a probation violation, according to arrest reports. Because he is under the age of 18, police spokeswoman Shelia Lingle said, Robinson was also charged with possession of a firearm.
Lingle said police seized 4 grams of marijuana, four dosage units of methamphetamines and a gun.
He was booked into jail under a $10,000 secured bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• Steven Michael Secrest, a 27-year-old from Salisbury, was arrested on charges of larceny, possession of a Schedule VI controlled substances and a parole violation out of Brunswick County.
• A woman on Friday reported an assault in the 1300 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Sheetz on Thursday reported a larceny in the 1500 block of Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Tractor Supply on Thursday reported a larceny in the 400 block of South Jake Alexander Bouleveard.
• A man on Thursday reported that someone stole a car battery in the 1500 block of East Innes Street.
• Ean Holdings LLC on Thursday reported a damaged vehicle in the 500 block of Lakewood Drive.
In Rowan sheriff’s office reports:
• Tiodoro Antonio Purvis, 29, on Wednesday was charged with breaking and entering a building in the 100 block of Andrews Ford Road in Salisbury.
• Codie Doyle Buchanan, 26, on Wednesday was charged with contributing the delinquency of a minor in the 100 block of West Liberty Street.
• Kathryne Ann Helle, 43, on Wednesday was charged with violating a county ordinance relating to the restraint of animals in the 900 block of Gold Knob Road in Salisbury.
• A man on Wednesday reported his log chain had been stolen from his log truck in the 600 block of Liberty Road in Gold Hill.
• A man on Wednesday reported someone had applied for a credit card in his name in the 200 block of George Brown Road in Gold Hill.
• A man on Wednesday reported a burglary in the 200 block of Tanglewood Drive.
Contact reporter Josh Bergeron at 704-797-4246.
By Josh Bergeron firstname.lastname@example.org Local business owner Don Vick will have the support of the current Rowan County Republican Party... read more