Blotter: Pizza delivery man robbed at gunpoint of pizza, wings
By Shavonne Walker
SALISBURY — A Papa John’s pizza delivery man was robbed at gunpoint Sunday. The thieves took two large pizzas and 16 chicken wings, police say.
The driver went to the 200 block of East Council Street just after 10 p.m. and was met by two men wearing black hooded sweatshirts.
One of the men handed the delivery man a $50 bill, which he believed to be counterfeit. The driver told the two men he would not accept the fake bill.
According to police reports, one of the men pulled a pistol and took the food.
The delivery man said the robbers wore the hoods of their sweatshirts over their heads. He was not injured.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
• A woman reported Monday that vandalism occurred in the 400 block of Mildred Avenue.
• A man reported Tuesday that someone stole two scooters from his home in the 500 block of Park Avenue.
• Marzell Parker Jr., 20, was charged Sunday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia while at a traffic stop at East Innes and South Arlington streets.
• Bruce Franklin Jerrett, 68, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female by a male over 18 in the 1600 block of Brenner Avenue.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Copart reported Friday that fraudulent checks were passed at Gas-N-Go in Granite Quarry, 304 S. Salisbury Ave., sometime between Dec. 10 and Jan. 12.
• A man reported Friday he was the victim of forgery in the 400 block of Pamela Street, China Grove.
• Jason Avery Buchanon, 41, was charged Friday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses on N.C. 152 in Mooresville.
• Tanner Davis Tutwiler, 22, was charged Friday with misdemeanor breaking and entering in the 700 block of Gold Knob Road.
• Anthony Leroy Perry, 43, was charged Friday with being a fugitive from justice through an arrest warrant while at the county jail.
• Joshua Scott Ritchie, 26, was charged Friday with felony possession of a controlled substance Schedule II in the 2800 block of North Cannon Boulevard.
• John Edwards, 50, was charged Friday with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.