Four skip out on fare, rob cabbie
Instead of paying their fare, a group of men chose to rob their cab driver Thursday morning.
A cab driver with Latino Express reported to the Salisbury Police Department that her purse was stolen after she picked up a group of men on Kenway Drive near Woodleaf about 4 a.m. The driver ferried four men to Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue and told them the fare was $40. According to reports, the men stood next to the open door of the cab for a moment before one of them reached in and snatched the driver’s purse. The men ran south on North Clay Street.
The driver said she had $110 in cash in the purse.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- Go Burrito reported Thursday that a man tore off a security camera and then stole six cans of beer.
- A man in the 300 block of Lakewood Drive reported a burglary Thursday.
- Dunkin Donuts on West Jake Alexander Boulevard reported a burglary by forced entry Friday.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A man reported Wednesday that someone used his Verizon account to purchase a phone.
- A woman reported fraudulent activity Thursday.
- A man reported a burglary Thursday in the 200 block of Goodson Road.
- Zaccari Scott Barron, 30, was charged Thursday with resist, delay and obstructing a public officer in the 200 block of West Second St., Landis.
- Michael Wayne House, 46, was charged Thursday with possession of a Schedule II controlled substance at Brenner Avenue and Old Wilkesboro Road.
- Paul Kevin Patterson, 29, was charged Thursday with possession of a Schedule II controlled substance in the 600 block of Poplar Avenue, Kannapolis.