Blotter: Salisbury woman found lying in street, screaming obscenities
Published 11:24 am Wednesday, March 9, 2016
By Amanda Raymond
A woman found lying in the street was later arrested on three different charges.
Salisbury Police officer J.C. Easler responded to a call referencing a suspicious person after 10 p.m. on Tuesday.
The officer found a woman, later identified as Holli Shuler Crump, 44, lying near the intersection of South Milford Drive and West Colonial Drive, screaming obscenities.
When the officer asked Crump if she was OK, the officer said she seemed agitated and would not respond. EMS was called to the scene, but Crump refused to answer any questions.
After asking Crump multiple times to stand up, she finally did. The officer asked Crump three times to put her hands behind her back before she did so.
The officer transferred Crump to the police department, where she refused to answer basic booking questions. She also kicked Easler’s leg while they were trying to get fingerprints.
Leg restraints were placed on Crump while she was being transported to the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office. She was left in the car while Easler went into the office and she was found kicking the windows in the back of the patrol car. Crump was taken out of the car and placed on the ground. The leg restraint was repositioned.
A spit mask was eventually put on Crump and she was put in a restraint chair.
Crump was charged with resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer, assault on a government official and intoxication and being disruptive.
She was taken to the Rowan County Detention Center and placed under a $25,000 bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- Lancaster’s Car Wash reported a burglary on Tuesday at the 1000 block of South Main Street.
- A woman on Tuesday reported assault at the 500 block of East Fisher Street.
- A man on Tuesday reported an assault at the 200 block of South Milford Drive.
- Gavin Makyle Trull, 18, was charged on Tuesday with assault on a female at the 200 block of South Clay Street in Salisbury.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A man on Monday reported identity theft at the 500 block of Ridgeland Drive in Cleveland.
- A man on Monday reported a larceny at the 100 block of Ashley Drive in Salisbury.
- A woman on Monday reported a simple assault at the 200 block of Excel Drive in Kannapolis.
- Vincent Thomas Yowell, 31, was charged on Monday with being a fugitive from justice at the 3000 block of South Main Street in Salisbury.
- Cathy Diane Coons, 39, was charged on Monday with resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer in Salisbury.
- Samuel Tyler Yost, 18, was charged on Monday with resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer at the 100 block of St. Luke’s Church Road in Salisbury.
- Bryan Keith Clayton, 50, was charged on Monday with being a fugitive from justice at the 100 block of West Liberty Street in Salisbury.
- Zarrek Barger, 16, was charged on Monday with resisting, delaying or obstructing a public officer at the 100 block of St. Luke’s Church Road in Salisbury.
- Jennifer Lynn Royall, 21, was charged on Monday with simple assault at the 200 block of Excel Drive in Kannapolis.
- John Maurice Whitney, 33, was charged on Monday with simple assault at the 700 block of Heligtown Road in East Spencer.
Contact reporter Amanda Raymond at 704-797-4222.