blotter: Ex-girlfriend charged with credit card fraud
By Shavonne Walker
Rowan County authorities charged a woman with using her ex-boyfriend’s credit card at several ATMs without his permission.
Lydia Mary-Kay Galloway, 31, was charged with five counts of misdemeanor financial card fraud.
According to a report, the victim reported the incident in October, saying a woman who lived with him at one point used his credit card without his consent. Investigators checked bank statements and surveillance video from several ATMs.
Officials say warrants were served on Galloway Wednesday and she was arrested. She was issued a $2,000 secured bond. She has since been released.
Galloway, also known as Lydia Conrad Galloway, has a pending 2015 Davidson County case for traffic infractions including reckless driving, driving while license revoked and driving while impaired. She also has a pending Rowan County case for simple possession of drugs, driving while impaired, driving left of center, and driving with an expired registration/inspection sticker/tag.
Galloway is currently on probation for a May 2015 larceny conviction. She has also been convicted of worthless checks, driving while impaired, and shoplifting.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• Officials responded Wednesday to vandalism at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• A woman reported Wednesday a break-in occurred in the 100 block of Overcash Avenue, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported Wednesday she was the victim of credit card fraud in the 100 block of Skyview Circle.
• A man reported Wednesday his home was broken into in the 600 block of Rothrock Road, Rockwell.
• A woman reported Wednesday a larceny occurred in the 100 block of Gracie Lane, Mooresville.
In police reports:
• A woman reported Wednesday someone took items from her vehicle in the 100 block of Reamer Circle.
• A man reported Thursday someone took items from his vehicle in the 1000 block of East Innes Street.
• A woman reported Thursday a computer was taken from an open garage on her property in the 1000 block of Overhill Road.
• A man reported Thursday he was the victim of an assault in the 100 block Doyle Avenue.
• Police responded Thursday to a break-in that occurred in the 1100 block of West Horah Street.
• Alan Matthew Medlin, 24, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 100 block of East Kerr Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
KANNAPOLIS — A Kannapolis teacher was named 2015 National Music Educator of the Year by Music and Arts, a retail... read more