Blotter: Rowan County man charged with DWI following suspicious vehicle stop
By Shavonne Walker
Rowan authorities received a call regarding a suspicious vehicle parked at Woodleaf and Godbey roads late Wednesday night. When a deputy checked, he discovered the driver, Solomon Stratton, appeared to be impaired.
Stratton, 26, was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana paraphernalia, driving while impaired, and he received an automatic civil revocation of his license.
Stratton has a pending Stanly County traffic infraction case for speeding.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Wednesday someone stole his bank checks from the 100 block of Wagon Wheel Way.
• A woman reported Wednesday she was the victim of an assault in the 100 block of Broom Street, Rockwell.
• John Clinton Dunbar, 40, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in the 100 block of Garden Lane.
• Casey Lee Sutton, 21, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor marijuana possession.
• Brandy Gale Dixon, 20, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 1000 block of Tammy’s Park Road.
• Brandon Lee Goodman, 21, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 200 block of Fox Run Road.
• Billieann Michelle Blaney, 24, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 600 block of Statesville Boulevard.
In police reports:
• A man reported Wednesday someone kicked in his back door and took items from his home in the 700 block of West Council Street.
• Police responded Wednesday to an incident at Henderson Independent where two students attempted to fight at the school while it was letting out for the day, then they tried to go off campus across the street to fight.
• A woman reported Wednesday she was assaulted and her interior wall of her home was damaged in the process in the 1000 block of Rachel Lane.
• Someone took items from a building at the Rowan Helping Ministries property at 217 North Long St.
• John Robert Bolle, 42, was charged Friday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 100 block of Oakwood Avenue.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
It could be part of city’s All America City entry The city of Salisbury is calling for preliminary entries from area... read more