• 36°

Rowan weather: Nice Halloween, then rain coming

Fall has certainly been changeable this year, alternating between dry and warm and cold and chilly. Looks like we’re in for more soaking rain, too.

Starting off at 41 degrees with fog and a little mist, the sun should come out today, leading to a high of 65. A light wind will help blow the fog off. Tonight will be clear and cold, with a low of 36.

Saturday will be nice, too, with mostly sunny skies and a high of 63. It will be a nice evening for trick or treaters. The low will be 50, with cloudy skies.

After your Halloween festivities, don’t forget to fall back — set your clocks back an hour Saturday night and enjoy that extra hour of sleep.

Trouble edges our way in the early hours of Sunday, with a 30 percent chance of showers. Then we have a 70 percent chance of rain, mainly between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m., with showers lingering through the night. It will be cloudy with a high of 63. The chance of rain goes up to 80 percent Sunday night, with a low of 56.

Expect rain again on Monday, with another 70 percent chance of rain. More cloudy skies will keep the high to 67 degrees. The chance of rain drops to 30 percent Monday night, with a low around 54.

Downpours are a possibility during the rainy period, which may lead to brief street flooding.

We should finally see the sun Tuesday, with a high of 69 and a low of 53.

Wednesday, too, will be mostly sunny and 69, with a low around 52.

And Thursday keeps the sunny-day trend, with a high of 72.

Comments

Coronavirus

State to vaccinate medically vulnerable starting March 24

Coronavirus

One new death, 20 new COVID-19 positives reported in Rowan

Kannapolis

Kannapolis man dies in moped crash

Crime

Salisbury Police chief addresses K-9 video, says officer separated from animal

Local

Rowan Rescue Squad sets record straight on fundraising typo

Local

City approves DOT agreement, Salisbury Station project could begin next year

Local

County plans to use vulture effigy, enforce violations to remedy animal carcass feeding problem

Education

Two weeks after ending enhanced protocols, Catawba has no COVID-19 cases

News

Council to hear revised version of Downtown Main Street Plan

Local

Veto override of NC school reopening bill fails in Senate

News

Political Notebook: Majority of likely voters, local legislators support school reopening bill

Coronavirus

COVID-19 vaccinations in Rowan top positives since start of pandemic

Crime

Man faces drug charges after breaking and entering call

Lifestyle

Waterworks schedules 2021 Summer ARTventures

Crime

Blotter: Man faces drug charges after being found passed out in vehicle

Ask Us

Ask Us: What programs exist for litter cleanup?

Business

County begins accepting restaurant grant applications

Crime

Blotter: Salisbury man charged with nine more felony sex offenses

Nation/World

Biden team readies wider economic package after virus relief

Nation/World

Spacewalking astronauts prep station for new solar wings

Nation/World

Cuomo sorry for remarks aide ‘misinterpreted’ as harassment

Nation/World

Trump calls for GOP unity, repeats lies about election loss

Education

Rowan County administers 700 vaccines, with majority going to local educators

Crime

Shoplifting at Walmart presents challenge for Salisbury police