Crime blotter: Drugs found in car after hit-and-run stop
Police discovered marijuana in a man’s car when he was stopped in reference to a hit-and-run.
Hunter Dean Kluttz, 20, was stopped by Salisbury Police because his car matched descriptions of an earlier hit-and-run traffic accident. Kluttz was charged for the hit-and-run. According to the report, when police inventoried his car, they discovered one gram of marijuana on the floor of the vehicle.
Kluttz has been charged with resist, delay, and obstructing a public officer, disorderly conduct, and hit-and-run property damage. Kluttz was placed in the custody of the Rowan County Detention Center under a $20,000 bond.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports:
- A burglary was reported at the 200 block of west 12th street Tuesday.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car at the 300 block of Bendix Drive reported a vehicle stolen when a renter failed to return a car Wednesday.
- A man at the 200 block of South Long Street reported Wednesday that someone stole property from his abandoned residence.
- A man reported an assault and vandalism Thursday at the Speedway Gas Station at the 500 block of East Innes Street.
- Chris Lewis, 31, was charged for a weapons violation Tuesday at the corner of South Ellis Street and West Mccubbins Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A man reported a credit card fraud Tuesday at the 400 block of Peaceful Lane.
- Reliable Pawn at the 100 block of Mooresville Road reported a fraud of false pretense Tuesday.
- A man reported items stolen Tuesday from the 500 block of Barber Junction Road, Cleveland.
- A woman reported credit card fraud Tuesday at the 1900 block of Miller Road, China Grove.
- Steven Paul Tedder, 38, was charged for possession of drug paraphernalia Tuesday at the 400 block of Shady Rest Lane.
- Matthew Ray Pitchford, 26, was charged for resist, delay, or obstructing a public officer Tuesday at the 300 block of Gray Drive, Kannapolis.
- Grant Scott Burrage, 16, was charged Tuesday with possession of of stolen goods at the 600 block of Hinson Road, Richfield.
- Christopher James Dockins, 23, was charged Tuesday with possession of a controlled substance at the 2000 block of Woodleaf Road.
- Patrick Wayne Burris, 46, was charged Tuesday with obtaining property in return for worthless check at the 200 block of Rock Grove Church Road, Rockwell.
CHINA GROVE — Four people were hospitalized Thursday when two cars collided near the intersection of U.S. 29 and East Liberty Street.... read more