Reward offered in St. Enoch cemetery vandalism
Published 10:17 am Wednesday, September 23, 2015
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office is offering a $500 reward to anyone providing information that leads to the arrest of vandals who struck St. Enoch Lutheran Church on Campbell Road.
Over the weekend, vandals broke and damaged approximately 37 headstones in the church’s cemetery. Anyone with information should call Capt. Todd Wyrick at 704-216-8716, or the Sheriff’s Office at 704-216-8700.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
- A man reported Monday that his store was broken into and items taken at the 600 block North Enochville Avenue, Kannapolis.
- Thieves hit several cars and one home near Mooresville Monday. A man at the 100 block of Hilltop Lane in Mooresville reported an attempted larceny from his car , and two men on London Road reported items taken from their cars in the 1500 and 1700 blocks. Another man in the 1700 block of London also reported that someone broke into a building and stole several items.
- A man reported that items had been stolen from his car that the 7700 block of Howard Avenue, Kannapolis on Monday.
- A man reported Monday that someone had stolen the rear fog lights from his car at the 400 block of Neel Road, Salisbury.
- A woman reported that someone attempted to break into her home at the 700 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove on Monday.
- Deputies responded Monday to reports of an assault with a gun at the 200 block of Tumbleweed Drive, Salisbury.
- A man reported an assault at the 700 block of Eastview Road, Salisbury on Monday.
- Joseph Dominic Anderson, 27, was arrested Monday at the 200 block of North Main Street, Salisbury, on charges of being a habitual felon.
- Christina Ann Mayberry, 30, was arrested on Monday and charged at the Sheriff’s Office with simple assault.
- Justin Scott Long, 26, was arrested Monday at the 1000 block of Faith Farm Road, Salisbury, and charged with assault on a female.
In Salisbury Police Department reports:
- Police responded Monday to reports of a counterfeit bill at the 600 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
- Fab Designs, Inc. at the 2200 block of Old Wilkesboro Road, reported Monday that several items had been stolen.
- Police responded Monday to reports of a counterfeit bill at Marshall’s at the 300 block of Faith Road.
- A man reported Monday that a firearm had been stolen from his home at the 500 block of East Innes Street.
- A woman reported Tuesday that someone attempted to break into her home at the 500 block of West Horah Street.
- Altisource at the 600 block of Crown Point Drive reported the theft of an air conditioning unit, sink fixtures and a mirror on Tuesday.
- Police responded to a home at the 1200 block of North Main Street regarding reports of a child assaulted by a parent on Tueday.
- Salisbury High School reported a stolen laptop on Tuesday.
- A man reported items had been stolen from his home Tuesday at the 1000 block of Confederate Avenue.
- A woman reported items stolen Tuesday at the 600 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
- Police recovered marijuana Tuesday when a car was pulled over at the intersection of East Innes Street and North Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue for having a broken tail light.
- Gary Michael Jones, 34, was arrested Tuesday at the 1700 block of Chantilly Lane on Gaston County charges of weapons possessed by a felon and hit and run.
- Stephanie Michelle Carpenter, 34, of East Spencer, was arrested at the 700 block of East Council Street and charged with failure to return rented items belonging to Rent-A-Center in Lexington.
- Sean Fitzgerald Roberts, 25, was arrested at the 500 block of East Innes Street on Tuesday and charged with causing a public disturbance by cursing and yelling in public.
- Norman Allen Basinger of Spencer was charged Tuesday with possession with intent to sell/deliver a schedule IV drug, Diazapam. Bond was set at $3,000.