Man charged with indecent exposure
Floyd Blakeney, 52, was arrested Thursday on charges of indecent exposure.
Police received a call early Thursday morning in reference to a suspicious person. The caller said she pulled into the Wells Fargo on the 100 block of South Main Street to make a deposit and observed Blakeney sitting on a nearby bench. According to reports, Blakeney then stood up and began touching himself. When officers arrived Blakeney was still at the scene and was placed under arrest for indecent exposure.
Blakeney has been previously convicted in Rowan County of attempted arson, attempted breaking and entering, larceny and simple assault.
In other reports from the Salisbury Police Department:
- A woman reported Thursday that the tag was stolen from her vehicle on the 1000 block of East Lafayette Street.
- A man at the 400 block of West 15th Street reported credit card fraud, Thursday.
- A Woman at the 100 block of Rowan Circle reported an attempted unauthorized withdrawal $4,500.20 from her checking account on Thursday.
- Days Inn at the 300 block of Bendix Drive reported a robbery Thursday.
- Timothy Clarence Smith, 29, was arrested Thursday at the 100 block of W. Liberty Street for alleged assault on a female.
- Kirkman Kadett Wilson, 40 was arrested at the 200 block of Bendix Drive, Thursday, on charges of larceny.
- Kaytlin Ramsue, 17, was arrested at Henderson High at the 1200 block of North Main Street for possession of a weapon on campus. According to police report, the suspect allegedly pulled a pocketknife from a pants pocket.
In reports from the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office:
- A man reported that beer and some change were stolen from his residence at the 200 block of Blake Road Wednesday.
- A woman reported an assault at the 300 block of Ridgecrest Road.
- A woman reported a burglary at her home on the 100 block of Mount Hall Road.
- Joshua James Watkins, 26, was arrested for assault on a female at the 100 block of West Liberty Street, Wednesday.
- Michael Uriah Reep, 38, was arrested on charges of assault on a female at the 6700 block of Statesville Boulevard.
- Matthew Washam Long, 18, was arrested at 303 Forrest Drive, Wednesday, on charges of simple possession, possession of paraphernalia, and resist, delay, and obstructing a public officer. Police responded to a call about a possible breaking and entering at a vacant residence and found Long and others on the property. Long allegedly attempted to run but was apprehended. According to the report, police found what appeared to be a bag of marijuana clenched in Long’s hand, and a lit marijuana cigarette was recovered from the ground.
KANNAPOLIS — Dr. Nick Gillitt was swinging a golf club when he first heard about Duke University’s MURDOCK Study. The... read more