Rowan-Cabarrus provides free seminars for local small businesses
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is offering numerous seminars this fall for local small business owners through the Small Business Center. Seminars are provided free and are open to the public.
Local residents like Kelli Swick, entrepreneur and owner of Queen of Oats, have found success through the Small Business Center. Swick started the business just two years ago and has been on a whirlwind of success since. She was named a finalist in the national “Martha Stewart American Made” contest. Most recently, her wheat-free granola, protein bars and breakfast cookies were put on the shelves at Whole Foods.
“The Small Business Center has been an essential part of my business from its beginning. The Small Business Center counselor equipped me with the tools and resources I needed to get Queen of Oats off the ground. I came out of my meetings invigorated and more determined to succeed, and I will continue to seek counseling at the college’s Small Business Center,” said Swick.
“The Small Business Center at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College provides business resources in Concord, Kannapolis, Salisbury and surrounding towns. Whether starting a small business or growing an existing business, the Small Business Center can aid in developing a plan of action for lasting success,” said Barbara Hall, director of the college’s Small Business Center. “Our goal is simple – to provide high quality small business education and relevant, comprehensive assistance to you.”
The calendar includes the following seminars held at the college’s North Campus in Salisbury:
- Selling Techniques for Small Business Owners: Three-Part Series – Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Sept. 22-Oct. 6.
- Managing Stress and Preventing Burnout for Small Business Owners – Thursday, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Sept. 24.
- Create the Perfect Brand for Your Business: From Idea to Image – Tuesday, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Oct. 13.
- Your Small Business Taxes – Thursday, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Oct. 15.
- How to Find Your Customers – Thursday, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Oct. 29.
- Growing Your Business with Social Media – Thursday, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Nov. 5.
- Introduction to Hootsuite Basic for Small Business Owners – Wednesday, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Nov. 18.
- Basics of Bookkeeping – Tuesday, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Dec. 8.
The calendar includes the following seminars held at the college’s Cabarrus Business & Technology Center Campus in Concord:
- Leadership Levels for Small Business Owners – Tuesday, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Sept. 15.
- The Artist Entrepreneur: How to Earn More – Thursday, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Sept. 17.
- Marketing Your Business – Thursday, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Oct. 1.
- How to Write a Business Plan – Thursday, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Oct. 8.
- Grant Writing 101: Elements of a Winning Proposal – Tuesday, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Oct. 20.
- Design Your Business Website with WordPress: Two-Part Series – Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Oct. 27 and Nov. 3.
- Financing Your Business – Tuesday, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Nov. 10.
- How to Start a Business – Thursday, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Nov. 12.
For more information on the seminars including course descriptions, specific classroom locations and how to register, visit www.rccc.edu/sbc/.
The Small Business Center can also help you access data on hundreds of industries, information needed to make marketing decisions or to write a business plan. A small business counselor can help you find information about your consumer preferences, use of social media in your industry, profit margins and much more. Make a free, one-on-one counseling appointment today at www.rccc.edu/sbc/.
For more information about Rowan-Cabarrus Community College, visit www.rccc.edu or call 704-216-7222.
Beginning Tuesday, Sept. 8, Kannapolis City Schools will make minor adjustments to its bell schedules to help buses arrive at... read more