blotter: Salisbury woman cited for inhaling compressed air, again
Police issued a citation to a woman found inhaling fumes to get high, the third such incident this month. An officer found Megan Lofgin Piwoska, 30, under a bench at the intersection of Pinehurst and Sherwood streets.
She was found Thursday around 2 a.m. with four cans of compressed air, one of which was nearly empty. Piwoska, also known as Meghan Lofgrin Salter and Meghan Lofgren Piwoski, was stopped by police slumped over in a rented vehicle on April 4 in a parking lot at the corner of West Franklin and North Church streets. In that incident the vehicle, which was still running, was partially in the roadway and EMS was called.
She had four cans of duster spray, two of which were empty and two beers that were also empty in the car.
In the second incident, which occurred April 9, a woman called police after Piwoska (Salter) appeared intoxicated on Newsome Road. The caller followed her to a parking lot where Piwoska nearly missed hitting a truck.
In that incident police said she had a 5-gallon bucket in her back seat filled with empty duster spray cans. She was also cited in that incident.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported on Wednesday her vehicle was scratched and sugar was poured into the gas tank in the 700 block of Holmes Street.
• A woman reported on Wednesday someone took items from her vehicle in the 700 block of Cherry Street.
• A man reported on Wednesday someone broke his vehicle window and took a stereo, speakers and an amp in the 400 block of West 15th Street.
• A woman reported on Wednesday a fraudulent account was set up in her name in the 800 block of Brookmont Avenue.
• Police responded on Wednesday to a suspicious vehicle being in the Big Lots parking lot and charged Brittney Marie King with marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Police responded on Wednesday to an incident where they seized marijuana in the 73200 block of Interstate 85 south near Julian Road.
• A woman reported on Wednesday she was the victim of a larceny in the 300 block of Mike Drive.
• A man reported on Wednesday he was the victim of an assault in the 1200 block of Grady Street.
• A man reported on Wednesday he was the victim of vandalism and assault at Quality Care Development Services at 301 block of Harrel St.
• A man reported on Wednesday he was assaulted in the 100 block of Chesapeake Drive.
• A woman reported on Wednesday she was assaulted in the 200 block of East Bank Street.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported on Wednesday he was the victim of fraud in the 200 block of Fading D Farm Road.
• Precision Motor Transport Group reported on Wednesday a larceny occurred in the 900 block of Peeler Road.
• Deputies charged Cynthia Davis on Wednesday with several drug infractions including two felony counts trafficking in heroin or opiates in the 7700 block of Unity Church Road, Kannapolis.
• Deputies cited Stephanie Cato on Wednesday with marijuana possession in the 100 block of Choate Road.
• Kristopher Micah Clodfelter, 23, was charged on Wednesday with felony financial transaction card theft while at the Rowan County jail.
• Lewis Sidney Coggins, 46, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor criminal trespass while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Maria Antoinette Simpson, 33, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor simple assault and battery with sexual motives while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Joseph Patrick Lightsey, 28, was charged on Wednesday with felony breaking and entering while at the Rowan County Courthouse.
• Ronnie Lee Miller, 50, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 1000 block of McCanless Road.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.