Give blood during National Volunteer Month
The American Red Cross encourages eligible donors to give blood during National Volunteer Month this April and make a difference in the lives of patients in need.
The Red Cross salutes the hundreds of thousands of volunteers who help fulfill its lifesaving mission and encourages others to join their ranks as volunteer blood donors. Volunteer donors are the only source of blood products for those in need of transfusions.
Donors of all blood types – especially those with types O negative, A negative and B negative – are needed to help ensure blood is available for patients this spring. Those who are unable to give blood can support blood donations and invite others to make a lifesaving donation by creating a SleevesUp virtual blood drive at redcrossblood.org/SleevesUp.
To make an appointment to give blood, download the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
America Red Cross blood drives in April.
• April 1 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. at W.G. Bill Hefner VA Medical Center, 1601 Brenner Ave.
• April 3 from noon-4:30 p.m. at Rowan County Rescue Squad, 1140 Julian Road.
• April 6 from noon-4:30 p.m. at American Red Cross, E.H. Dole Chapter I, 1930 Jake Alexander Blvd. W.
• April 9 from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at South Rowan YMCA, 950 Kimble Road, China Grove.
• April 21 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Catawba College, 2300 W. Innes St.
• April 26 from 1 to 5:30 p.m. at Mount Zion United Church of Christ, 1415 S. Main St., China Grove.
• April 29 from 2 to 6:30 p.m. at Cleveland Elementary School, 107 School St., Cleveland.
Some people feel they are weaklings when they “give in” to the flu. There are so many medications out there that... read more