Blotter: Police investigate someone using fake $20 bills at area businesses
Salisbury Police say they’ve had a rash of counterfeit bills circulating throughout the city during the last two weeks. Officials say there were seven businesses that reported incidents to law enforcement, two of which occurred this week.
Police said someone is using fake $20 bills at the businesses. The incidents this week were reported at the Circle K convenience store, 1015 East Innes Street and Walmart, 323 South Arlington St.
Someone used a counterfeit $20 bill at the gas station on Wednesday between 12:30 p.m. and 12:35 p.m. Walmart reported a similar incident Thursday occurred around 10:29 a.m. that morning.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported on Wednesday someone vandalized her property in the 400 block of Ludwick Avenue.
• Russell’s Unique Deals reported on Thursday someone vandalized the business in the 1900 block of South Main Street.
• A man reported on Thursday he was the victim of credit card fraud in the 800 block of Brookmont Avenue.
• A man reported on Thursday he was the victim of fraud in the 800 block of Mitchell Avenue, China Grove.
• A man reported on Thursday he was the victim of fraud in the 200 block of Sudley Circle.
• Kadijah Deon Torrence, 21, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor marijuana possession in the 800 block of East Innes Street.
• Alphonso Quamek Tahjziee Washington, 17, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor simple assault while at Salisbury High.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported on Wednesday someone used his social security number to file their tax return in the 1500 block of Circle Drive, China Grove.
• Deputies responded on Wednesday to East Rowan High in two separate occasions for two different students who were in possession of marijuana at the school.
• A woman reported on Wednesday someone stole a dirt bike from the garage area of her home in the 2700 block of Organ Church Road, Rockwell.
• A man reported on Wednesday someone took a pressure washer from his property on Sunday in the 300 block of Allman Farm Road, Kannapolis.
• A man reported on Wednesday someone shot into a commercial truck parked in the 700 block of Webb Road and Interstate 85 South.
• Kevin Lawrence Bruce, 27, was charged on misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon in the 100 block of Broad Street, Rockwell.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
Police are looking for a Salisbury man involved in a March 13, 2014, home invasion. Officers tried to serve outstanding... read more