• 30°

Rowan weather: Maybe a thunderstorm

There’s a good chance we will see rain today — 60 percent. That could come in the form of thunderstorms after 1 p.m., and some of those storms could be heavy, with frequent cloud-to-ground lightning and heavy downpours. The high will be 73.

The 60 percent chance of rain continues into the night, with showers likely before 11 p.m. The low will be 49.

Only a 20 percent chance of rain Thursday, after 11 a.m., but it will be cloudy again, with a cooler high of 58 and East northeast winds at 7-10 mph. The chance of rain goes up to 40 percent Thursday night with a low around 43.

But Friday, we have a 70 percent chance of rain and it’s going to be much cooler, with a high near 47. Most of the rain will be after 10 a.m. Same chance of rain Friday night, with areas of fog, and a low of 44.

Ho hum, Saturday has a 60 percent chance of rain, mainly before 2 p.m. Cloudy skies will bring the high to 61 degrees. It’s a 40 percent chance of showers Saturday night, with a low around 49.

Sunday may be mostly sunny, with a high of 65 and a low of 41, a little break from the gloom.

Monday, too, looks sunny, with a high near 63 and a low around 44.

Even Tuesday should be sunny, with a high near 66, but we know not to count our sunny days before they dawn.

Comments

Local

City officials differ on how, what information should be released regarding viral K-9 officer video

High School

High school basketball: Carson girls are 3A champions

Lifestyle

High school, college sweethearts marry nearly 50 years later

Local

With jury trials set to resume, impact of COVID-19 on process looms

Legion baseball

Book explores life of Pfeiffer baseball coach Joe Ferebee

Education

Rowan-Salisbury Board of Education to receive update on competency-based education

Business

Biz Roundup: Kannapolis expects to see economic, housing growth continue in 2021

Business

A fixture of downtown Salisbury’s shopping scene, Caniche celebrates 15th anniversary this month

Local

Slate of new officers during local GOP convention; Rev. Jenkins becomes new chair

Landis

Landis officials narrow search for new manager to five candidates; expect decision within a month

Lifestyle

Together at last: High school, college sweethearts marry nearly 50 years later

Education

Rowan-Salisbury Schools sorts out transportation logistics in preparation for full-time return to classes

High School

Photo gallery: Carson goes undefeated, wins 3A state championship

Nation/World

Europe staggers as infectious variants power virus surge

Nation/World

Biden, Democrats prevail as Senate OKs $1.9 trillion virus relief bill

Nation/World

Senate Democrats strike deal on jobless aid, move relief bill closer to approval

News

Duke Life Flight pilot may have shut down wrong engine in fatal crash

News

Two NC counties get to participate in satellite internet pilot for students

Local

PETA protesters gather in front of police department

Coronavirus

UPDATED: Eight new COVID-19 deaths, 203 positives reported in county this week

Crime

Sheriff’s office: Two charged after suitcase of marijuana found in Jeep

Crime

Thomasville officer hospitalized after chase that started in Rowan County

Local

Board of elections discusses upgrading voting machines, making precinct changes

News

Lawmakers finalize how state will spend COVID-19 funds