Closings and delays: No school today
Several closings and delays have been announced:
• Reserved tickets for the Thursday evening performance of “Comedy of Errors” in Catawba College’s Hedrick Theatre may be honored on either Friday or Saturday evening by contacting the Catawba College Box office at email@example.com . The reception scheduled after the Thursday evening performance has been rescheduled and will be held Friday evening, weather permitting.
• Stepping Out Dance Company all classes canceled and closed.
• NCWorks Rowan Workforce Solutions closed.
• City of Kannapolis offices closed. There will be no garbage/recycling service today. If your pickup day is normally Wednesday, Thursday or Friday please put your carts out and the city will pick them up tomorrow or Saturday – weather permitting.
• Town of Spencer offices closed
• Rowan-Salisbury schools will be closed for staff and students today.
• Kannapolis City Schools will be closed for staff and students today. The district will add additional time to each school day for the rest of the year to make up for the absence.
• North Hills Christian School will be closed.
• Salisbury Academy will be closed.
• Rowan-Cabarrus Community College will be closed.
• Catawba College will be closed.
• Hood Theological Seminary will be closed and classes cancelled today.
• YMCA of Rowan County (all branches) will be closed today.
• Rufty-Holmes Senior Center and all Lunch Club sites will be closed today.
• Due to inclement weather outpatient clinics operated by the Salisbury VAMC will be closed tosday. Staff is contacting patients with appointments to reschedule at the earliest opportunity.
The Salisbury VA Medical Center emergency department will remain fully operational. Veterans experiencing an emergency outside of the Salisbury area during this time are urged to call 911 or report to the nearest emergency department. The following is a list of current closures:
The Charlotte Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) will be closed on Thursday.
The Hickory Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) will be closed on Thursday.
The Winston-Salem Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) will be closed Thursday.
Salisbury VA Outpatient appointments are cancelled for Thursday.
VA leadership is monitoring the situation and will change plans as necessary for the safety of patients and staff.
“The safety of our patients is a top priority, especially during inclement weather,” said Kaye Green, Medical Center Director. “We are continuing to provide care in several of our other facilities and have made the decision to close outpatient clinics in central North Carolina for the safety of our patients and staff.”
Updates to Salisbury VA facility operations are available at: www.salisbury.va.gov.
• The African-American History Breakfast planned for Friday, Feb. 27 at Rufty-Holmes Senior Center has been cancelled. U.S. District Court Judge Donald L. Graham of Florida, a Salisbury native, was to be the guest speaker. He has been invited to attend next year’s event.
• V-Pesticide training class for private applicators, scheduled 7-9 tonight at the Agricultural Center has been cancelled and will be rescheduled.
• Continental Structural Plastics — all first shift report at 8 a.m. Thursday.
• Due to inclement weather, the Kannapolis public hearing to receive comments regarding proposed amendments to specific sections related to the definition, evaluation and identification of Specific Learning Disabilities of the Policies Governing Services for Children with Disabilities pursuant to Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEA) have been cancelled.
The Kannapolis event was scheduled for 5:30-7 p.m. tonight in the Event Room, NC Research Campus , 600 Laureate Way, Kannapolis.
This events will be rescheduled. Updates will be posted on the Exceptional Children Division’s website at http://ec.ncpublicschools.gov/
If you know of a closing or delay, please use the form below to submit your information. We will update as needed.
By David Purtell firstname.lastname@example.org People who get handed a tax penalty for not having health insurance now have extra time... read more