Blotter: Man charged with taking debit card, checks from friend who let him stay at his home
Rowan authorities charged a Salisbury man with taking a debit card and checks from a friend who allowed him to stay at his home. The incidents occurred between Dec. 17 and Jan. 20 at various places including Lentz General Store and Circle K convenience store.
Jason Andrew Pierce, 35, of the 200 block of Ranchwood Road, was charged with one count felony transaction card take/obtain, one count misdemeanor larceny, two counts felony forgery, three counts felony obtaining property by false pretenses, and three counts felony financial transaction card fraud.
A report said Pierce bought food, drink, gasoline and other merchandise. He also wrote over $100 in checks to himself, according to the charges.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported on Friday two fraudulent loan accounts were opened without his approval in the 100 block of Purity Lane, Cleveland.
• A woman reported on Friday someone stole a handgun from her home on Wednesday in the 5500 block of Sam Broadway Loop, Kannapolis.
• A man reported on Friday his vehicle along with his rifle were stolen in the 700 block of Harris Point Road.
• A man reported on Saturday someone burned the siding on his house in the 300 block of Phillips Avenue, Landis.
• A man reported on Saturday a vandalism incident occurred in the 100 block of Knotty Pine Circle.
• A man reported on Saturday he was the victim of vandalism in the 100 block of Buccaneer Circle.
• A woman reported on Sunday her property was broken into and seven weapons were taken in the 200 block of Waccamaw Drive.
• A man reported on Sunday he was the victim of vandalism in the 500 block of Mainsail Road.
• Joan Francine Goodman, 34, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 300 block of North Jackson Street.
• Marvella Lavon Allen, 37, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor possession of controlled substance schedule IV in the 8900 block of Mooresville Road, Mount Ulla.
• Austin Hunter Graham, 17, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule VI in the 400 block of Pinewood Avenue, Kannapolis.
• Andrew Ryan Coy, 33, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor assault on a female and misdemeanor second-degree trespass in the 600 Duck Drive, China Grove, and the 4100 block of West N.C. 152, China Grove.
• Colton Blade Barrier, 20, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia in the 4300 block of South Main Street.
• Floyd Thomas Hellard, 39, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor false report of theft of motor vehicle while at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Joshua Dean Clawson, 29, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor possession of a non-tax paid liquor in the 200 block of John Morgan Road, Gold Hill.
• Lisa Danielle Blankenship, 25, was charged on Sunday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer in the 7900 block of Wright Road, Kannapolis.
• Cameron O’Neil Lackey, 21, and Arianna Katarina Ivanov, 19, were both charged on Sunday with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled substance schedule IV in the 1700 block of U.S. 29, China Grove.
In police reports:
• Rowan-Salisbury Schools reported on Monday a student took another student’s iPad on Feb. 12 off campus, but it was recovered after a short investigation.
• A man reported on Monday he was the victim of larceny that occurred at Sprint.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.