In sheriff’s reports:
• Rowan-Salisbury School System reported on Wednesday an iPad 4 was stolen from a student’s home in the 100 block of Ivory Lane, China Grove.
• Center Point Builders reported on Wednesday someone vandalized a home under construction in the 1100 block of Paddock Circle, Rockwell.
• A woman reported on Wednesday a larceny occurred in the 600 block of Playground Lane.
• Someone damaged the back glass on a vehicle using a piece of pavement in the 200 block of Faith Farm Road.
• Ricky Ray Bailes, 44, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor breaking into a coin-operated machine in the 100 block of Charolais Drive.
In police reports:
• A woman reported on Thursday a larceny from her vehicle in the 200 block of Valley View Place.
• Police responded on Thursday to an incident involving marijuana possession in the 4400 block of South Main Street and Long Meadow Drive.
• A woman reported on Thursday she was the victim of a physical assault in the 300 block of Bendix Drive.
• A man reported on Friday someone stole items from his building in the 100 block of South Avalon Drive.
• Asha Moneice Rankin, 26, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia and probation violation in the 100 block of North Shaver and East Council streets.
• Dimetri Martese Strother, 18, was charged on Thursday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 500 block of Lincolnton Road.
• David Shane Smith, 34, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor resist, delay, obstruct an officer in the 900 block of South Main Street.
• John Wallace Gilbert, 46, was charged on Thursday misdemeanor larceny in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
• Gregory Lamont Joseph, 40, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor resist, delay, obstruct an officer in the 400 block of Laurel Pointe Circle.
Contact reporter Shavonne Walker at 704-797-4253.
Note: Over the next few weeks I will be taking a look at why parents choose private, public or home... read more